Sunday, September 23, 2007

Catch of the day

Moth and I went fishing today. This is our catch.





The bat fish up the top will be used next weekend (or the weekend after) in the crab pots as bait. The others were eaten tonight.. stuffed with parsley, coriander and kaffir lime leaves and baked on the bbq. Served with chunky potato chips and salad - freshest lettuce leaves straight from my garden.


Five hours of just MOTH, Rocky the wonderdog and me on the water.


School holidays again. My son William has gone to his fathers in Rockhampton. His father won three races last thursday so hopefully is feeling generous to his kids!? The girls are staying home due to work commitments... I just hope things go smoothly. It is the best I can do!

7 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Bloody awesome, I wanna go fishing now :)

Melissa said...

Can I come over for dinner, please? It sounds delicious!

LuSh said...

screw you.
I made a girl from work stand in the Swannick River with me for two hours, managed to drown her phone AND camera and caught nothing but flathead bites.
Tho Sammy DOES think hunting sinkers mid-river to be the MOST fantastic game. Poor baby slept for about 12 hours solid and could barely move after that. Thank good Ma & Pa are back to take me out in the boat again in 6 weeks or so, but the silly buggers missed out on Awoonga!! Asshats.

SzélsőFa said...

Looks and sounds yummy.

Boysenberry said...

Looks a like a decent haul :)

Good luck with the school hols - I'm guessing it will be about 2 days before we start to hear "I'm bored"

LuSh said...

by the way, no more screw you.
Scored a FREE huge fresh trout yesterday... fresh oven baked with Greek Salad.

All is well

Luvs to ya all

Ginnie said...

Just 3 days later and you sound so much better. I have never been a fisherman (woman) but have a son who thinks it is the best calming influence in his life. Hang in there. Hugs.