Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Ducks are a dabbling

Or my arse is on show.

Kinda similar!

I adore my partner. But he has the ability of my mother to absolutely speak over me. It doesnt matter what I am trying to say they just talk louder and over me. I usually attempt to speak another two times and if they keep speaking over me... I just stop talking - get very sad, they never ever notice and I find a way to go away quietly when I really want to scream.

I got terribly jealous last week when I read a home carer's diary of one of my kids. She takes the kids to feed the ducks and stuff. I don't. I am barely allowed to let them get dirty.

Hurts are Hurts. Little or big.

Ducks' Ditty
All along the backwater,
Through the rushes tall,
Ducks are a-dabbling,
Up tails all!
Ducks' tails,
drakes' tails,
Yellow feet a-quiver,
Yellow bills all out of sight
Busy in the river!
Slushy green undergrowth
Where the roach swim—
Here we keep our larder,
Cool and full and dim.
Everyone for what he likes!
We like to be
Heads down,
tails up,
Dabbling free!
High in the blue aboveSwifts whirl and call—
We are down a-dabbling
Up tails all!

I wish I was allowed to play with the kids like that.

5 comments:

Just Me said...

Wow, my comment wont look as fancy as that one - chinese maybe?

Just wanted to let you know that the ducks on my front lawn woke me this morning.. and dabble would be an appropriate description of how they sounded!

We also have three tiny black swan babies..although they are whitish grey right now. You really must come visit - love to see you :)

Hey..I actually blogged today! [shock horror]

LuSh said...

omg duck city
my neighbour has ducks
when they escape he swears at them
and they squawk the hell back at him, totally hilarious
hey mel, u know we can link this s(hite)tuff back to FB?

LuSh said...

& sexy looks like japanese, combo of kanji & katakana

tho possibly spammish

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Hiya. hope all is well in your world, ma'am [waves hello happily]
Cyalayta
Mal :)

Cazzie!!! said...

How are you woman? I hope all is good. I miss your pictures of fishing excapades.. mmmm, fish:)