Saturday, October 31, 2009

My hiatus



Tonight I had time to read a few of my favourite blogs after a lengthy hiatus of my own. I noticed Big Mama had her own hiatus for her own reasons. I felt for her and her deliberations with teenagers which I know and understand. And Szelsofa had lots of lovely pictures and information - she too has an old bathtub for nature in her garden! I need more time to catch up on so many of the blogs I have always enjoyed. But I noticed the joys and sadnesses of many. The funny observations. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.








I have had time - frustration - crazy issues that prevented me from feeling free to play on here.






But - Sara (oldest daughter) bought a house and is busy renovating it before she moves in. Her youngest son turned 1 on Tuesday.






Anna got her license finally last Thursday. I burst into tears at the Transport Department Office. It was her first try - she was so reluctant to attempt it in case she failed. We have barely seen her since.






Jane is still way down south with her uncle apparently attempting her Higher School Certificate. Unfortunately almost everything I read on her Facebook just breaks my heart.






William causes no trouble - and we are waiting for his operation that will be done at the Royal Children's Hospital in Brisbane wherein they will remove three tumours on his arm and attempt to reshape his arm. I cant take holidays until this is all over because I will be needing to use them for his hospital stay and recovery.






Christian and I want to go camping - so long our weekends wasted on me having assignments to do. But this weekend was windy and the water would be choppy - and our chosen destination we need a nice calm weekend.... maybe next weekend.

The birds are all thriving though!

3 comments:

SzélsőFa said...

Oh, Melly, first of all I'm sorry for not having commented on your blog for a long time.

I'm just joining back again to follow your fabulous and stirred life... I hope everything goes well.

Yes, we have an old iron bathtub out there in the garden and an old turtle lives there in the summer. Now it's around zero degrees over here and we are getting confined into the house :(

Cazzie!!! said...

Huggs and wonderful thoughts headed your way Melly, and of course to your William!

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Hiya. Hope alls well in your world.

If you'd like to view and read my new blog, feel free to drop me a note, and I'll show you how. Thanks. maljam2002@yahoo.com.au
Mal :)