Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tom

At 6.14am Monday 27th October my oldest daughter Sara and her partner Chris welcomed Thomas Raymond into the world. It was Chris's birthday on the 26th so he had to endure the long labour after a day out golfing enjoying a drink. I was thousands of kilometres away and amazed that Sara kept texting me until just after midnight to keep me informed. I had a sleepless night just waiting and worrying. I was ridiculously sober.

I wasted my two days off work and did buggar all really. I considered having the full week off - but after wasting the two days I figured best I get back. No more wasting my days off for my kids.

Here is my grandson Jay with his new brother Tom. Jay looks dreadfully serious doesn't he?
According to Sara Jay is besotted by his brother.
They are Manly fans - but we don't hold football against them of course.
She is probably going to want to kill me for posting pictures of her hours after giving birth on the Internet. It is OK - I have done heaps worse.
Sara has big boobs hey? She has to be pleased about THAT!
The happy (and the gappy?) family.

My colleague and friend welcomed her granddaughter the exact same day - but we were first so therefore - we won. Today she bought her tiny granddaughter - Charlotte Louise into my work to show her off... and I burst into tears. I wont get to see Sara,Tom and Jay until the December Kylie Minogue trip .....

For added bullshit drama Jane chose Monday to cut her wrists again. So - her father has rescued her from the tent and she... well... I don't know. She is safe in a house with people that love her again. People that cannot understand and feel utterly useless.... and I can't describe this properly. It is - for one second we were all happy and celebrating and the next we were all appalled and feeling useless and... well... I really can't describe this properly. I don't really know what happened.. I sent Jane the phone photo of the baby and Tuesday morning my second daughter rings to tell me Jane has been in hospital and has stitches and bandages.... and her father had to go and get her. I have to give my children's father that - in a crisis we work together. Occasionally we snip and snap at each other. But.. he comes through when he is needed. I don't know if Sara knows anything about that - and am a little worried about her reaction to that. Maybe she knows more than me. The kids dad and I always feel we know everything last.

Then - just to top the week off... I have been looking for MONTHS for a suitable new car. MOTH (man of the house aka Christian) tells me it is my car. But he definately has opinions. Our ford falcon has almost 700,000 kms on the odometer. The car is a bloody legend. But now - it has had it. The registration runs out on the 1st December. I find a well priced 2 year old ford falcon that will suit our needs. We need to tow - and we have had good luck with fords. But I didnt wait for MOTH to go and secure the car at the dealership. So he reacted by firstly arriving at the dealership and yelling at me and secondly when I get home and my girlfriend Meg is waiting for nibblies and has wine... another family train wreck occurs in company. Oh... heck it has been a week.

Anyway - we bought the car. I needed him as a co signature on the loan because I only clear $500 a week and I didn't wan't to owe money for more than 3 years. I pick it up tommorrow. But this week has just been... incredible. It probably wasn't a good idea writing about it except to serve once again as my sometimes diary.

Anyway -as I clean up after the train wreck that simply was another week, and hide the blushing and trembling from you that is my embarrassment... It will all be fine really.

Oh - and I hate working without my regular coworker. I hate bullshit workplace politics. But - I just took on a car loan so I can't quit now until I pay for it. I am going to save my holidays for a week there are no dramas and do the things I like best.

12 comments:

LuSh said...

Me thinks you still deserve the Drama Queen tiara.

Glad to hear all is.... snafu

xoxox

Anonymous said...

It is utterly remarkable how much Sara looks like you. To my naive Canadian eyes that looks like a pool ball rack and stick behind the bed?!?!? Welcome to the world Thomas.

Melly` said...

Lishy - nice I get the drama queen tiara... I am the one who hates the bloody drama!

Rox - oh my don't tell Sara she looks like me - it just kills her poor thing. The triangle thingo is meant to make it easier to climb out of bed and not remind us we would be better off playing pool at the local pub apparantly. I always learn things slowly.

Big Mama said...

Oh congrats! That's awesome. Your daughter need not be angry about the pic, she is positively gorgeous. They all are.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello, it has been a long time...

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mel :) your catching up! 2 more grandbabies to go and were even lol *big hugs miss you*!! and pssst.........your daughter does soooooooooo look like you :)
Take Care,
Carriexxx

Anonymous said...

Heyyyy CB long time!! Are you still in Dryden? How are you? Still as gorgeous as ever I imagine lol. I agree CB - as they say in the Maritimes - she is the right proper spit right out of her mudder's mouth lmao!! Don't worry Melly, you are beautiful so Sara has nothing to fret about. Love ya!!

Cazzie!!! said...

Yayyy for little Tom, what a nice name if I say so myself :) winks... lovely just lovely Melly.

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

yep im still in Dryden, now a gramma to 4 and have a revolving door for all my kids :) i'm doing well, how are you? if you have facebook add me, im under carrie swanson-levesque, take care!!

Melly` said...

Oh - everyone understands Facebook and Bebo except me!

And thanks guys.

Anonymous said...

Don't fret Melly, I have not yet mastered facebook and have not posted pics, blogs, etc. I just wanted to see some long lost friends. Everyone at work uses it but I don't want them on my list lol, hell, if I want to know anything I will just ask them. I see them enough. I catch up with you here and MSN, that's good enough for me :-)

Anonymous said...

I always check Mel's writings, makes me feel like im still in the outter world loop :) i just lurk around and read up on you Mel lol