Friday, September 08, 2006

Social Butterfly me! What an insane week.


I adore friends and family. But generally I HATE going out. I hate being stuck somewhere I dont want to be. I am nervous about meeting new people. Yeah I know that is a really dodgy editing attempt! Haha - tough it is after 10 pm and I have already drank too many wines. I am protecting the innocent. And I never told them I could use the photos later here. Gorgeous women - but look behind them. Yep - that was the Hen's night with the theme of cowgirls and cocktails.Yep - Give us a hat, pigtails or plaits and straw in our hair - and we are in costume. I didn't mention karaoke. Oh Lordy! Who ever thought this party up was on a roll. And trust me it was not me who decided to make orgasms and then straight after make harvey wallbangers and grasshoppers. I was having SUCH A LOVELY TIME.

I actually said to Christian.. the party starts at four .. so I should be ready to go home at 7.30 - pick me up then. At 7.15pm (the party was 15 minutes drive from home) I rang and said "Make it 8.30" and ditto at 8.15! Anna came home from work and then dragged me home then when Christian informed her I was drinking cocktails and singing karaoke with her school teachers. Haha.

The next morning I woke up so hungry and still drunk, I actually ate Macdonalds because I got too confused in front of the fridge. I wanted Christian to drive me to Agnus Waters because I know there is a restuarant there that does a FABULOUS breakfast... but he knew me better than I know myself and knew I wouldnt last the hour and a half drive and fed me the dreaded chew and spew telling me it was for my own good. Family was very smug and enjoyed my demise as my stomach told me there are reasons I do not go out. Hooray for panadol rapid.Ok - I know this photo is almost sad! But it is funny - so pfftttt.. That is simply what happens after a bucket of margarita's and a stack of cocktails that do not go with each other. Natty said "Girls look sexy" - I puckered up and Hope fell asleep on my shoulder. Daughter's that still have stamina for parties......... are very beautiful but... a sad sad reminder. You can see right up my nose in that picture. Hey - actually it looks like I am just about to puke. But I didnt! Yay! I had a really good time.

There are a dozen tales to tell from that night but I want to remember the entire week so we have to move on.

Ok so Sunday I just recovered very quietly. Very very quietly. And Monday was my closest friend (ie the one I see the most often- I can't bear to rate my friends)birthday celebration and I wanted it to be perfect. And wait Sunday ended up not so quiet - because she arrived and commented on how there was no way my painting the house would be finished by Monday. And Anna had told many people "Mum is always starting things and never finishing them" (that is called "artistic license" she just is young that is all)So I painted all afternoon. And it killed me but I painted anyway because they said I wouldn't. Pathetic huh.

I had the last of the second coat finished by 2.45 Monday with no time to spare before M and K's 6 kids arrived for dry time. And then I had to cater for all of us. It all went fine and both M and K said I had ................. oh lol wait.

My friend M seems to have nasty days. I reckon we all have nasty days. Even the sweetest people I know can have nasty moments. But M can have ... more than some. "Careless comments" or "Gatsby moments?" No Gatsby wouldnt be a correct reference. Hmm - well anyway in the same conversation that she said I wouldnt have the house painted in time for her birthday do.. she told how she wrapped many of her engagement etc presents and regave them if she didnt like them.

Christian and I spent four hours - I kid you not - shopping for hers' on Saturday. It was horrible. I love beautiful things too but Christian is the ultimate bower bird. If it is sparkly and pretty he loves it. (Poor sod huh? with me?) I hate shopping. Christian loves shopping. And he is a careless spender. We are shopping for M - not for me and not for him. She has different tastes to me. In the end we chose a gorgeous vase.....golds and browns from a local art gallery.

Well - M said the "if I dont like a present I just rewrap it and give it to the next person I need a gift for!". And I guess I must of done ... nutso melly - because I said ffs dont! Just give it back and I will give you the bloody cash..." Then M noticed a present in the corner of the room and she said.. "did you forget one of Janes' presents?" (Oh crap I meant to blog that too - did I?) And I said "No that one is yours."

Borrowing Ms Fits..... Beat..... Beat....

I suspect I am really advertising why it is not a good idea to be a friend of mine?

Anyway I was happy with the food and the table setting and everything Monday night EXCEPT M and K laughed at my insecurities about such matters.......... so I felt like a right twit... and right now after... hmm forgot count... wines I dont really care.

Tonight we went out AGAIN! Can you believe it? With lovely friends who I suspect made a very big effort to converse with Christian (who could really be interested in new subdivisions- I mean I only pretend to listen for the sake of harmony)but he enjoyed himself.... and so did I...Was another K's birthday this week - gorgeous woman who doesnt seem to know how gorgeous...Christian fell asleep on the sofa and only woke to say "what..what" when I moved my next project from under him... I have some fantastic ideas for christmas decorations I want to start soon.

I really want work to call me in so I can stop messing with things that dont want to be messed with.

And Peter Brock is dead. What an amazing week. Steve, Colin, Don Chipp and Peter Brock.

I just smashed the absolute last glass of any set I own. I reckon that means its time for me to get to bed or at least do something on the sofa where I cannot knock over anything important.

Cheerio!

No comments: