Monday, July 23, 2007

A lovely weekend - but still flu ridden


Well! I have had a wonderful weekend! Endless chatting with Sonya (my cousin - Dad's sisters daughter) - the time flew and I almost forgot about my misery with the flu. I think everyone had a lovely time - Sonya's males (Dave and their German exchange student) and Christian (MOTH) hit it off with long animated and sometimes loud talking that Sonya and I had to try to compete with in our very small house.

It was so lovely to have them visit. Unfortunate Sonya kept insisting on paying for stuff she shouldn't of. But that was the only time I felt slightly uncomfortable. She didn't seem to notice the fact the house was a mess, that I haven't finished the painting; none of them minded my dogs who insist on being part of everything; and we were all considerate of toilet lines and showers!

Due to time constraints or probably more the fact nattering with Sonya was so much fun - we didn't take them many places. And William and Joe didn't show much interest in going boating anyway. This photo of Will (13) and Joe(11) was taken at the school fete - where Anna had a performance on Sunday morning. Sonya and I found lovely bargains at the white elephant stall.



Joe and William mostly hid in Will's room playing their electronic thingos and kicking the soccer ball together.

This weekend was the launch of the 7th Harry Potter book and Anna had planned the weekend so that she did very little else except read the book. Last night she found that Uri (their friend and former exchange student) was very interesting and they stayed up late discussing the differences in their cultures and the common things they liked (music).

Jane, Joe and William went to the movies on Saturday night to see Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix and all got along well.

This morning as they packed and I was at work one of my dogs got out and ran past my work... I rang home and blurted.. "Tell Jane get Dotti - Toolooa street now" and hung up to chase her myself when I noticed Joe and Uri bounding up the street in pursuit. Joe and Uri kindly showed Dotti at the fence to the children at kindy for me - delighting them as well. The poor fellows looked... not too impressed at their sudden chase. Dotti is going to miss having extra people to sleep with.

Too think - in early November I get to play with family again at Jeanette's (another cousin)! How exciting!

5 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Lovely pics, get better soon lady :)

Melissa said...

Glad you're feeling better, Melly! Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful visit.

SzélsőFa said...

I'm sending my *Get better* wishes, too.
And I think having people and exciting company around also helps defeating disease.
When I'm sick and my kids around I just can't get REALLY sick. They don't let me.

LuSh said...

Cousins are the best. I'll blog about what I got up to with mine as soon as they tell me exactly what we did... or I did... or maybe I don't want to know...

Just Me said...

Im glad you had a wonderful time Mel :D
Naughty Dotti! all the way on toolooa street no less! At least the children got to finally meet her !

Lish.. lool @ your cousins stories.. we want to hear them !