Saturday, July 14, 2007

The weekend

MOTH and Jane got a heap of photos of some kind of animal - didn't look like the dolphins because they normally show off. Wonder if it was dugongs or small whales a bit lost?
I have peered at them with the zoom feature for a while but give up. I am sure they had fun watching the critters anyway.

I was attending the Senior First Aid Certificate with workmates on my Saturday with my never ending flu. If you can detect the bitterness in my comment - well done.

Rocky had a great time.


Man and dog etc.

Jane and Dotti made good use of the worlds most ugly and invasive heater. What MOTH was thinking when he bought this thing is beyond me. Even with every light off in the house you still feel like its the police or emergency services shining into your house for some kind of investigation.


Dotti is very partial to it though.

Jane starts school at Toolooa tomorrow. She seems happy and excited.

I didn't get anything done this weekend - yesterday at the course and I am still sick.... heaps of washing and cleaning that had to be done and endless taxiing and loose ends to be finished. Making sure Jane has at least the basics for tomorrow, Anna worked both days and Will spent most of the weekend at a mates place. Mopping floors around Dotti the wonderdog who is both asking me to pay her attention and moping that Rocky is out and she is home. My planned nap and rest never happened.

The first aid course has a 28 page booklet I have to post in the answers to - and I only got to page 21 and started cursing and feeling writers cramp and quit for another try tomorrow. Two friends wanted me to call in today and help them with some stuff... and I honestly didn't have the time or the energy.

Sara sent me a box full of lipsticks - I adore lipstick and fret if I feel I don't have enough. It is a weird thing - I can apply it in my sleep. I just like the feel. I have no other ... feelings towards makeup and wear it far less than I should. But lipstick is different.. I adore it and really cant stand not having it. When the girls pinch my favourite ones I over react. "It is mine and I should be allowed to have SOMETHING of my own.." etc to which they say.... "Woah chill Mum it is just a lipstick." Very nice of my oldest daughter to indulge me when she knows I do fight with the girls over it. Or she is worried about their safety... whateva.

Anna reckons she has quit cheerleading. I think she is being the ultimate martyr and will regret her decision. She loves it. I never have - but acknowledge her love of it and never stopped her from doing it. Usually I indulge her with the lifts etc to it. Sometimes I have said.. "If you want to do it - you walk or ride your bike to it." and I rarely attend it. I get annoyed at mid Sunday afternoon training and treat it as an invasion on my family life.

I guess everyone in my family is reacting to changes. MOTH is annoyed I am not paying him enough attention or playing enough. Jane is happy - over excited even and eager to help, William is just trying to disappear and Anna continues her own little world.

I would love a days rest and another days play. I guess it wont happen for a while.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

You sound awfully busy! I hope things slow down for you soon, and you get that nap.

Cazzie!!! said...

I hope your flu pisses off real soon lovey :(

SzélsőFa said...

Why are you taking the First Aid Course? Is it b/c of the kids you work with?

I see that you are busy - sometimes busy periods are necessary to make us feel needed and alive, But yes they can be hard, too.

Just Me said...

Oh Mel, you can do that first aid course standing on your head.

I know you have a full plate right now, but.. dont sweat the small stuff eh?

Be interesting to know what that water critter was.. was that at Awoonga or elsewhere??

Hope that flu gives in soon :D

Melly` said...

melissa - Yep no rest for the wicked huh!

Cazzie - many thanks for the wishes... and yep chicken soup, rest and plenty of garlic are in order for me.

SzélsőFa - Yes - it was a prerequisite of the job to either have one or be willing to obtain one within three months. And yes - when the going gets tough... we just have to keep going!

Just Me - I didnt stand on my head - but I did warn my coworkers to SHUT THE HELL UP, tell no stories and ask no questions etc - and glared at the other women attending when they tried to. So it was all over before 2 pm and I have a reputation for being a real cow at courses (so what!)The time and place for stories and dumb questions isnt on my Saturday at some damn course - its over wine at my place later! The workbook we are posting in - and my english challenged friend has mine now to assist her with filling out hers. 28 bloody pages of stuff with the answers all in the book! Grade 6 stuff or what? Blah.

I cant help sweating - I am sick.

I havent been drinking enough to imagine dolphins, dugongs or small whales at Awoonga - mores the pity! Generally we only go to Awoonga for swimming days because I am not fond of swimming in salt water. Only mad Canuck's would swim now (not mentioning names of course.) Fishing and general sightseeing is the harbour and estuaries.I HAVENT BEEN I HAVE BEEN TIED TO THE WASHING MACHINE AND VACUUM CLEANER.

It is cruelty I tell you! I want one weekend to recover and then I need to PLAY! Or at least get me my chook shed built....

little things said...

Ah, small children and the never-ending flu. They go together hand in hand, you know.
Hope you feel better soon. Carve some time out for yourself somewhere in there.

Adamity73 said...

Cute doggy. Is it a pit? I'm talking about the white one, BTW.