Sunday, August 05, 2007

Gladstone Multi Cultural Festival 2007

My favourite festival of the year! This town throws some pretty good events - but this one is my absolute favourite (followed very closely by the Seafood festival). The food at this one is so wonderful - the choice perplexing, and a crowd with much jostling ... I don't really like crowds but in certain situations you have to deal with the bad to get the good! Jane and I chose the Indonesian, MOTH the Indian and William went for a little of each and the sweet donut like thing in the last picture that came from the Mexican stand - but I have no idea if that is authentic or not. (Anna was at work today) I cant wait till I am old though. Way too few tables - one taken up by a solitary senior citizen sitting alone with 6 chairs all taken up with a cardigan whilst mother's try to feed their children sitting on benches next to the garbage bins - and that table is taken for the full time we are there like that. That old bloke seriously needs his own walker. I hope someone buys him one. Even those perched on the tables with no food? Are they oblivious to the people trying to eat standing up?

We gave up trying to balance food on our laps - offering our bench to a woman trying to balance her food on her knees as she lent to assist her child in a pram - and ventured further into the marina parkland finding a lovely shady, grassy area to relax and eat. Just perfect!
Entertainers galore...
Something for everyone.. I especially like the use of recycle bins now days!
Doesn't take a lot to amuse me. I liked the camels second only to the food.


The things MOTH and Will are eating here were so incredibly sweet and came with chocolate or caramel dipping sauce just to make it sweeter!

We all went home full and a little sleepy.We parked a fair way away so as to enjoy the walk and anticipation and avoid the frenzy in the carparks. We called into the Crazy Prices on the way home for some gardening supplies and camping supplies for Anna's trip to the Oaks tomorrow with the school. MOTH is happily buying camping stuff at them moment as we plan to go camping over at Curtis Island on the 18th of this month. I am just hoping Anna doesn't lose or break anything we are sending with her - she is just brilliant at that. Usually simply lose.

I am looking forward to the weekend away - even if a little apprehensive about how the washing, cleaning, projects etc will fair while we are away. I am still not adjusted to working full time and the state of the house and the pile of things I have to do seem to be so daunting.

4 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

How awesome, I love these sorts of events..you all had such a great time :)

Melissa said...

Your post really put me in the mood for festival food and music, darn it!

SzélsőFa said...

oh, I'd love the idea of tasting many different types of food, coming from different cultures.
Next time, can you probably make a photo of the food you're eating, seeing, buying and not buying?
I love photos of foods.
Everytime I eat something special I snap a shot at it.

SzélsőFa said...

It's me again!

I hope you are allright - come and visit me if you have time, for you are the winner of the Take a close look competition, #3.