Monday, August 20, 2007

Quick what is happening

I have been sick with the flu and it has made me ill tempered and probably not the person I prefer to be. I think being sick makes me intolerant and probably insensitive.

Anna (daughter No2) had most of last week off school due to the same flu. MOTH had a day off and my son soldiers on mostly because if you have a day off school you also have to forgo any soccer activities as well.

I had two half days off... Thursday only half my kids turned up and a nice coworker suggested I go home... I rang in for Friday off work and the director told me I had to ring at 6 - 6.30 am and not an hour before I was due to work... so I went in? and they sent me home! Sometimes policy and procedure just goes mad. I dont think I will ever have a real sick day because I wouldnt dream of trying to use a telephone at 6 am.

I havent replaced my cell phone... nor have I considered it.

Jane (daughter No3) has a new babysitting job that could become a bit of a handful. She still tries to find "herself" and sometimes does a dismal job. She text messaged her sister from the toilets of the school.... that she preferred to hide there rather than sit and have lunch alone. Her concern with her appearance worries me...But if I get too worried MOTH worries and he...well he just doesnt help matters.....and I hate it when they all fight. My girls are all like little dogs... they may have fear but together they are a nasty little pack that do bite....

I did get a healthier tax return than I was expecting. But I am a little tired of always feeling under financial pressure and so have just put it all away for a while - at least till the holiday to see daughter No1 and my grandson.

Everything will be fine... it always is. In the end.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Grrr, the flu again? Being sick makes everyone intolerant, unless they're able to lie in bed and have their needs catered to, and honestly, how often does that happen! Sorry to hear you had to go into work even for a bit on Friday.

GaBrie||A said...

awwww poor Melissa. No, nor can I imagine you getting up at 6am to ring anyone, though I have been on the receiving end of more than one ringy dingy at 5:00am from you, lol the beauty of our topsy turvy world eh. Your flu, unfortunately, is the outcome of having such a glamourous job. Wee ones, with contagious smiles, also carry with them the most of contagious germ warfare. Every open orafice leaks and seeps germy gremlins. lol...I once read "if I could come back I would be a sneeze, so that I could spread germs on all my enemies". Not so eloquent yet effective. So get better, because I have missed your blogs/chats and the children have missed your smile.

SzélsőFa said...

get well, and how terrible that school has already begun!
Here it starts at 1 st September, NEVER a day before that day.

little things said...

Chin up - no one ever said child-rearing was going to be easy. And it sure isn't is it?
Feel better soon!

Ginnie said...

Aren't work-place rules crazy? I used to work in a hospital and it was the same thing...I'd go in because they'd require it and then be told to go home so I wouldn't infect everyone else...a little late if you ask me.

Cazzie!!! said...

You said it, "Everything will be fine... it always is. In the end."and it IS true. You love your family and they love you. Feeling sick is shit, but when you are better ypu will fire on all cylinders and well, it will be fine :)

LuSh said...

mmmmmm flu drugs

my boss is getting divorced (and I knew a week before she did, don't ask)

I worked a 40 hour week even tho I had thursday off to sleep on the couch and be generally slothful and laid out with germs

and my cousin her boyfriend (and their adorable 4 yr old daughter each) all sniffled like maniacs too

germs SUCK.... alcohol relieves pain