Sunday, April 13, 2008

The dash to Tweed Heads etc

My oldest daughter Sara had work commitments at Surfers Paradise last week. She was kind of joking when she asked me to meet her there. But when she hung up from the telephone - I thought why not.

After all I have wonderful friends there - and my work colleagues came to the party with a relief worker that I like wanting the days work. I don't normally like spur of the moment huge engagements but I wanted to see my oldest daughter madly. And knowing I would see Joy and the kids too... was just an added bonus.

Now... Micci is all grown up now. Which means she rarely answers when I call for Micci. She tells me not to call her that because it is the name of someone she doesn't seem to care for at school. I completely don't get it because I have ALWAYS called her Micci.

By grown up I mean she is tall and beautiful. Look at her getting cranky with me for taking her photo! Ah- so pretty. And she did my hair - straightened it with a hot thingo - Friday and Saturday morning and only just got a little tired of me asking everyone to pat me.
We were not very adventurous this trip. We simply went shopping. Here is William posing with a reptile display. The green tree python and the frill necked lizard is easy... but I forget what the yellow and black snake was. Mustn't of been able to kill you I guess?
This photo is Sara, William, Jane trying on something around the corner and Micci in the purple with her back to me.

This is Sara saying ... for goodness sake Mum ENOUGH.....




The girls are so tall now. Actually we had just shopped till we almost dropped. Us girls.



Three of my kids....



According to EVERYONE... it is only meant to take 6-7 hours to drive to Brisbane-Surfers Paradise. I seem to take 9-10. It takes me forever and I hate driving! My foot gets sore. I smoke cigarettes and hate smoking on them so I stop a lot to smoke. I get wild (angry) at other drivers. I don't feel that my competency as a driver has diminished I just.... seem to let driving take so much out of me. It makes me so incredibly tired. I feel like my right foot and my hands are so tense.
I bought a work colleagues children home from where we once lived a long time ago today. And I felt that as an extra pressure when we had cows on the road after a bend or some truck driver who wanted to ride my tail when I was doing over the speed limit anyway! I have NEVER had a speeding ticket and prefer to sit... maybe 3 kms above the limit normally.
Time and speed have never really been my friend.
Oh - and I have to mention this. My friend Joy? Her cupboards and drawers are ridiculous. People shouldn't have them so damn tidy. If I didn't love her so much I would worry about that. There is no reason to have drawers and cupboards so bloody neat. They just make your guests feel bad. And I didn't break one single thing this time! Maybe the lid to the coffee because it would not go back on. But just that.
Oh... goodness.. and when I got home... MOTH had.. done something wonderful for me... I will have to post that in a minute or tomorrow or next week. Bit like my driving actually. Anything over 100kms is really too long for me.




5 comments:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

That's a looooong drive for you all... but by the sounds of it, a positive result for you all. Yay and wOOt!!! Good for you - sometimes you've just gotta be spontaneous.

Cyalayta
Mal :)

Cazzie!!! said...

Is that you?? You look amazing, how DO you do it?

Anonymous said...

Awww....I want to go to Tweed Heads too, such a lovely spot! Where are the pics of Joy - my own Wally lol!!! Miss chatting with you in the mornings so I thought it was about time to catch up with you on your blogs. Damn that drive was long eh. I couldn't do it, so kudos to you. Still loving the brunette you. Kids look marvelous and I can hardly wait to hear what Christian did! Oh, and by the way? You don't want to see my cupboards, closets, etc ahahaha...I am far too anal for my own good lol. Missed seeing Anna in the pics :(. Chat soon
hugsssssssssss - Rox

Anonymous said...

yepo that place soooo cool Joy and i was enjoy in Tweed head,Mel ..i know this hard place to find somewhere have smoke ..i am die for that piff bugger no time have smoke but we did enjoy lookout this place and tattoo shop lool...my kids love Joy's house...alas bad luck we never forgot all bloody rainday in 4 days no where go out we suck in the house lol(also flood downstair bedroom)But you did made lovey day in Tweed head... we love go back soon...we miss Joys family very much..hug mate
caz and baz family oxoxoxox

Anastasiya Vladimirovna Lychyova said...

Sara is a much prettier spelling than Sarah