Sunday, April 20, 2008

Restoring the kitchen cupboards....

The real title of the post should be something like... My 101 unfinished projects that still are not really finished...


But heck! Small things amuse me. Ages ago I wrote this post about the kitchen cupboard we were restoring.... It actually is STILL not completed. But at the same time we dragged that old cupboard home.. a friend purchased a similar one.. took it apart and left it .. and finally she asked me to just take it.... She had broken one of the glass doors and given up.


We just chopped the top off it and had lovely plans for it... and instead just filled it up with junk and there it sat. So it looked similar to the other one for a year.


Occasionally I would lament that one day I would finish it.



The original one just needs handles.... and some more shellac.

When I arrived home exhausted from my 700km trip on Sunday night, MOTH had a clearly pleased with himself expression and was strangely silent. I knew something was up when I spotted the kitchen floor had been freshly mopped... still wet. He had been working on the second cupboard - putting a new top on it, adding some trim and starting the shellac/stain process. No longer the eyesore full of junk!

It was a very nice surprise and I appreciated his effort when of course he could of just gone playing in the boat.... Like I normally do when I have time off!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful cupboards, and what a nice surprise when you got home!

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)