Sunday, April 20, 2008

Although we have fenced the yard at the front and on the sides, Rocky the wonderdog kept escaping by scaling the back fence. So this weekend we cut down all the bushes, trees and vines and pulled it all away - erected taller posts and attached dog wire to thwart his desire to play street and bridge troll at night time.


Big job, huge mess and effort by MOTH, William and myself. However, the ugly fence will soon be hidden like this one when the weedy vine grows over it. And I like the green look. And the stress of hearing how Rocky wouldn't let a neighbour walk over the bridge will be gone! Most of our neighbours just tell Rocky to rack off... and call his bluff... but a few understandably have a big problem with Rocky barking at them as they try to cross the bridge. Other neighbours are not so impressed when their purebred bitches are on heat and Rocky's amorous activities are not thought fondly received. He often comes home wet from being hosed and limping as if he has been kicked. MOTH utterly rejects desexing him though.


Anna (daughter no2) made an unplanned trip back to Gladstone after a huge fight with her father early this week. After many discussions with me, she did apologise to him and go home to him. For the life of her she couldn't understand how she could be in the wrong for allowing midnight parties at her fathers house for teenagers (boys too, alcohol and her Dad thought they had been smoking ... lol.. he would of been HORRIFIED)

During our talks she helped me at my work. Although she certainly is the self centred teenager who has a real problem with consideration for how her parents feel - she is delightful to work with. She can think ahead, she is never idle and she just always has been lovely too work with.

Jane (daughter no3) had caught the train to Rockhampton Monday evening basically as Anna was on her way down here. So - Anna missed a day at school and had to eat humble pie a little as she told everyone she was leaving never to return.

It would be funny really if I didn't get so upset when she cries.

Another day another drama?

My little kids at work were delighted with seven tutu's that my Mama made for me. I had told her how I only had two - and that often caused disputes with the children. Seven does too - there are not only 10-12 kids in my room but the other children soon spotted them and wanted them too.

I have deliberately chosen photographs with the children's faces not on them - but I still worry a little I should not use the photos. But I just want to share how cute and beautiful these children are... and how they make me so happy with their antics.
We attended a thank you BBQ last night for all the people (and their families) who helped with the build of a house. The house had some very clever design features and was lovely. William and I left early. The food was just being cooked as we left and the bubbles had flowed for three hours on my empty stomach. I rang a girlfriend and said "Come and get us.. I am too drunk." She will tease me unmercifully this week for that.

I guess I deserve it.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

God, they're adorable. Sometimes I really miss working with kids.

Lovely tutus!

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Good on you for enjoying your working day. You're creating positive lifelong memories for those young people. Yay!

Fencing? Dogs barking? Sheesh!!!

Ahhh... the joys of daughters! I'm kinda thankful I've got three sons! heh heh. Ohhh... they come with their own set of 'challenges', believe me!

Cyalayta
Mal :)

travistee said...

I would love to quit my job and work with children again. They're much cuter than men who act like children.