Sunday, August 03, 2008

Climbing Mount Larcom

This morning MOTH, my son William, my workmate and friends Cheree and Tonya and Tonya's son Christian set off to climb Mount Larcom. The photo below is taken from about 3/4 of the way up the walk.

Mount Larcom is only 632 m above sea level but the highest peak in our area. The walk is meant to be EASY... and takes five hours. It took us just over an hour and a half up - we spent an hour at the top and probably just over an hour down. Or else I am delusional because I am so bloody tired. I have attempted this before and failed. I just quit last time. I was grateful to have Cheree and Tonya this time. Because there was no bloody way I was quiting if they didn't.

Our dog Rocky and me at the top. He probably is part dingo. I don't know. He and our other dog Dotti sleep in our beds, hog our sofas and molest all visitors. We like them. Many others do not like them. Dotti can rarely come on outings because she is deaf.


That is V for victory. And proof I crawled up the damn top.
Viewing where our cars where.

My son William didn't seem as pooped as I was. I still smoked anyway.


Cheree is not doing V for victory she is giving me rabbit ears.




All around us gorgeous views. Exhilarating.



Magnificent.





The narrows where we boat and fish and crab.





At work we have a "Biggest Loser" competition wherein whoever loses the most weight wins the weigh in money from the contestants on Fridays weigh in. I like to be competitive. So I made these for us for our return. None of us ate them. I hate their will power.












5 comments:

SzélsőFa said...

Congrats on climbing this hill, Melly. You look healthy and young in these pictures - you should climb it more often: if only but for the spectacular view!
Wow!
I like climbing hills as well, but now we don't have time to go trekking at all.

Ps: I don't recall having seen any photos of Rocky either...

Melly` said...

I feel remiss if no one remembers Rocky or Dotti. They are my dogs.

I am greatful for the hike and the friends...and take inspiration from your blogs for activities that can help me... lose wieght...

SzélsőFa said...

Dotty I sure can recall: the white and naughty one. :)))

But this one's really special. I'm sorry for not remembering him/her.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh bet if you had served "jello shots" they would have been consumed ;-). Congrats on conquoring the sumit at last! I remember over the years your previous attempts. Well done g/f!
Luv ya...Rox (the other Rocky lol)

Unknown said...

You seriously sit right beside your son and smoke cigarettes????? (And then winge about how hard it is to walk up a hill?)