Thursday, June 07, 2007

Full time - permanent

It has been raining every day this week. This week is my third week into the childcare work foray - and rain is a trying time for carers and children.

Today - as I patted one almost sleeping child's back and cuddled another, the director of the centre offered me full time permanent work in the same room I have been for the past two weeks. As the snuggling child twiddled my hair (into a giant bloody knot I should add) while I patted the almost sleeping child... there was no other reply. I couldn't of said no for any reason.

So - there we have it. My bad temper and frustration and lack of cooperation with the job market has ended. I am once again, gainfully employed.

Did I tell you these children like Mozart and we all like to lay near the window and watch the rain? We are made for each other really. And it is a no contest on who it is easier to work for - two year olds or lawyers.

8 comments:

Just Me said...

Ya !

You Go Girl !

I'm so happy for you!

I hate to be the one who says "I told you so !" ... but in this instance I'm more than happy to say it !

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S


excellent :D

Just Me said...

OOpps


Should have said

A W E S O M E



love ya dotti style !

Just Me said...

Hmm

That sounded rude???

Dotti style not "doggy style"

You know what i mean !

Just Me said...

I'm going to bed... cause now I'm just starting to get silly....lool

SzélsőFa said...

what a great decision!
keep us informed.
my son's favourite piece was Rossini's Mose (the opera) he especially liked the fierce ending with troops marching into the Red Sea.

Trundling Grunt said...

excellent. Congratulations.

And the Mozart is a very sharp move. Everyone loves Mozart.

Melissa said...

Melly, that is wonderful! Never worked for lawyers myself, but my sister and she told me stories that made me glad I dealt with children all day.

They can be difficult, but the rewards are out of this world.

LuSh said...

Brave.... yet stupid

I'll go hide now.

It's your fault for nicking off mid-conversation to nail MOTH