Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The unusual cold seems to have left...

During the unusual cold.. Dotti was particularly miserable. At first a blanket seemed to help.

But then - she decided she too wanted to wear clothes. After all the rest of us went out and came home with new ones.
She knew this made her "special". If the cold returns I will consider dog clothing instead of fishing out William's old shirts.

Today Rocky visited the daycare centre I work TWICE - once he found it and I called my kids to come and get him and the second time I drove him home. It is school holidays and he has kids at home for him but chose to use the fact they aren't very dog safety aware.... and escape. I knew a few weeks ago that my dogs know where I am. I can see them from one verandah and knew they could see me. Now Rocky has confirmed this is indeed where I am wasting my days... I think we will have to rethink fences, gates and possible baby(dog) sitting arrangements.

Apologies for the poor quality of the photos - Anna has to find me the receipt for her camera so that I can send it off under warranty for whatever... happened to it. These photos were taken with the mobile phone that has caused the past 6 weeks of grief for Anna and me.

All over and we are the best of friends again. To amuse me tonight she sang the "Hokey Pokey" to prove to me she is as cute as the two year olds she doesn't approve of me cuddling by day.

She leaves for the Gold Coast Friday to attend the National Cheerleading competition and perform at the State of Origin football game.

Jane and Will were to catch the train to Rockhampton to spend the holidays with their sperm donor - however he is sick again and they are staying here.

5 comments:

SzélsőFa said...

are these special clothes for dogs or are they usual tshirts worn by dogs?
I don't get the idea of dressing dogs...That is what their hair for, isn't it?

But I see that Dotty is more than pleased with his/her new outfit heehee

Melly` said...

Dotti doesnt have very thick fur like Rocky does. She has fine white thin hair. And she was genuinely shivering and unhappy at the cold. So we put two of my son William's old t-shirts on her - and she liked that.

She also likes the heater but has learnt that it burns her if she gets too close - so now she curls up BEHIND it..

The dogs are rather spoilt. I just like them - a lot! My FOREVER small children! (Well for as long as they live - so about ten years +)

Just Me said...

aww I love that pic of Dotti !

It is damn cold.. I agree Dotti, I went to Murwillumbah this morning for a 9am netball match.. BRRRRR.

As for the cheerleading... I've got to say this...

GO ANNA !

Pardon the pun.

I'll look for you on the tv telecast !

Melissa said...

Dotti is adorable in her new t-shirt! Willy has the same problem (thinner and finer fur than Pete), and more than once I've found him curled in a tight ball, shivering in a draft during the winter. He could, of course, MOVE FROM THE DRAFT, but that hasn't sunk in yet. Maybe I'll invest in some t-shirts.

GaBrie||A said...

ahahahaha - I marvel at what you consider such drastic temps. Lovely t-shirt and shorts weather to us here in Canada. Oh, hey, I wonder if I could do something with Oliver's fur and send to Dotti? Just a thought hehehe. Hang in there and think warm thoughts, soon enough your temperatures will soar back up to the sublime and ridiculous 30's +