Monday, June 04, 2007

We are fans of Ian Wright... however

It rained on the weekend - so our adventures on the water didnt happen. Instead we gardened!(And soccer and endless taxiing and girlfriends and wine and.... nothing out of the ordinary)

But.... MOTH and I have always been fans of Ian Wright. He is just so like able? And MOTH's surname is Wright.. so we get a little kick out of that too. And we were watching him back when we lived in Brisbane when we had cable there too.. so its been a long time thing.

Anyway.. so we are watching his show on Cambodia tonight.. admiring the view and horrified at the... stuff...and MOTH says.. "What a lucky bastard.. he gets paid to do this shit." I agree.

The MOTH says "I hope the bastard doesn't have a wife and family then.. that would be too much!" .. and I went errrr....

I noted to myself it was early and he was still quite sober.

I said to MOTH - "Don't you mean it the other way around and you hope the bastard does have a wife and family?"

He said "NO - the bastard cant have EVERYTHING!"

I found that terribly ... romantic and loving. I suddenly felt very humble and undeserving. I certainly turned over in my head what we will do to look after MOTH when we have sent him completely mad.

When he fell asleep I did Google.. and Ian Wright does have a wife and family! If anyone tells MOTH that.. I swear I will slap you and not worry about the assault charge.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Very sweet. It's so nice when something like that slips out unexpectedly, isn't it?

No fear re: bringing assault charge. I'll keep it to myself.

LuSh said...

Damn him for not having a mobile/email... how do I get assaulted without that!

PS All this time... never even realised he HAD a last name

SzélsőFa said...

I followed the link you provided and read some of his stories he had along making the show. up to now I did not know Ian W. even existed...
But there is a great demand for shows like this. Even I would love to watch them :)

although...I read what the page said about his travel to Hungary and Romania and was shocked to see one of our earliest town in the Hungarian history being called Romanian and being famous for birthplace to Dracula....
Sorry, I am that conservative - I know that tv shows are basically for fun...

and his remark about the Mongolian man, with 5 languages and two university degrees, woking in a garage... that really impressed me. I like how humble he got at that point.

Thanks Melly!

Just Me said...

Aww Christian... what a nice thing to say !

Always knew how much he loved his family :)

As for "I certainly turned over in my head what we will do to look after MOTH when we have sent him completely mad"

Do we have an ETA on that?? mwahahahah

Melly` said...

Melissa - it is it is.. sometimes I worry the poor man should just flee us.... so when he is insane enough to say he loves us...ahhh... thank you

Lish - he doesnt need a surname ...and sleeping with you is not assaulting you.. silly beautiful girl...

SzélsőFa - Ian Wright is lovely.. a real naughty englishman with just his turn on what he sees etc...and I am pretty sure he doesnt mean to offend anyone...

Just me - the Eta is probably yesterday although he always amazes me with his ability to resist?

SzélsőFa said...

oh yes I'm sure he did not MEAN to hurt anyone.
I think he just doesn't have the time to check the information he is supplied with.
And if the information re: a town in Transylvania comes from a Romanian authority that that is surely an ancient Romanian town.
That the very same town has been Hungarian for a thousand year and has been Romanian for a mere 80 years is overlooked.
Okay.
I'm shut up.
Ian is great that's my point.