Thursday, October 11, 2007

Different storms...

Hot and muggy all day. But right now it is gorgeous with lovely rain and a brief electrical storm and display earlier. I love to watch storms. I guess everyone does really.

The storm waited until I was home from work too.. which meant that the afternoon was outdoors - so much happier kids! I want the rain to stop before morning whereas MOTH of course wants the rain to continue - he doesn't work in the rain.

After work we took a workmate to the local mall to show her how to use the digital camera photo kiosks. My workmate is from the Philippines and has recently bought the camera so she can show her mother back home the photos. A week or more ago I went to her house to help her set up her printer.

At the mall MOTH found a keyboard at Big W that was priced ok - and Jane has wanted one for some time. The discussion was about putting it away for Christmas. I knew that was unlikely to happen - I always ruin secrets like that because I cannot wait. I didn't of course - and gave it to her immediately on our return from home.

She was so pleased she cheerfully cooked and assembled hamburgers for dinner. Smiling and gracious checking that the family members had enough to eat!

It feels weird because of course the past behaviour doesn't warrant any treat and certainly not a big one. I want her to behave just so I can buy the rest of the PlayStation2 Singstar games! We bought her that for her birthday and we all have had fun playing on it.... I look forward to the rest of the games and I NEVER play games on the machines.

Wonder if tomorrow morning Jane will happily get out of bed and get ready for school without a major carry on? Maybe she will speak to us and not spend hours in her room or try to sneak onto the internet at midnight? Maybe she wont fight with her siblings!

MAYBE it was money well spent. Or ....MAYBE I am still a complete schmuck.

1 comment:

SzélsőFa said...

I tend to buy Christmas presents throughout the year. I keep them safe in MY OWN cabinet. I have presents bought in 2005 - waiting for the kids to become big enough to handle them!
Heehee.