Monday, October 29, 2007

Almost ready

MOTH went out camping last night to catch mud crabs mostly. He came home with 7 bucks and complained about all the Jenny's he had to put back. I think 7 mud crabs are a positive sign to the start of our holidays.
Poor MOTH though - he now views the holiday as dragging him away from crab season.

I made tags for our luggage and supervised William's packing. I washed and searched for our itinerary details that went strangely missing. The latter caused a terrible mess... and I have just spent ages putting everything back where I pulled it all out of. Everything is now organised and fine.

I made labels for the dogs too that explain we are on holidays and where we live. MOTH did enhance our already 8 foot high fencing because we are worried about them.

The problem is.. the dogs don't like them at all and are trying to chew them off each other and themselves already. Buggar.

I want the house clean before I leave and... I cant see that really happening. This pc tower is going to a dear friend for some more ram, a better video card and I want a new tower now... in readiness for Vista which will happen... sometime later. So I will drag Anna's tower out here for our dog sitters to use because I have asked them to feel free to play on the Internet and watch the pay tv - just so that my dogs have some human company. And air conditioning - it is already very hot here.

One day to see Bernie and Natalie and Joy and the kids! Wednesday morning to see my daughter Sara, Chris and my grandson Jay! Five days to see one of my cousins and maybe my aunt can make it too! Six days to see my father, stepmother, brother, sister-in-law and the kids! Eight days to see my mother.

I am so excited it is ridiculous! And it is almost 1 am and I better clean the kitchen and get to bed.

7 comments:

SzélsőFa said...

Those are some enourmous crabs, I am frightened already.

Cazzie!!! said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm, crabbsssssss!! Said in Homer Simpsons Doughnutssss way :)

LuSh said...

Now why can't I catch THAT type of crabs?

Ginnie said...

I'm exhausted just reading about all your preparations. I hope you have a great time!

GaBrie||A said...

awwwww I am going to miss reading your blogs for a couple of weeks. Selfish me, but the reward in the end will be delightful as there will be kabillions for you to say upon your return. Please remember to keep a journal for your friends, family and friendly followers. Cheers Mate!
Always hugsssss
Just Me

little things said...

Enjoy yourself on your vacay!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwww , your family is aboslutely gorgeous Melissa. One fine looking bunch indeed. haha I'f your daughters were in the chatroom I'd have to flirt with them :o) jane, the one that used to give problems all the time, sure is a knockout. Her dark hair are lovely.