Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I had a hangover at work today

Yep. A rip roaring,head thumping, gut wrenching, pore seeping colossal hangover. I do remember it being 2am and the only thing I could find to drink was some wine a friend gave me about 6 months ago that I wasn't particularly fond of. I also remember listening to Cat Stevens on You Tube and thinking I should be asleep.

So of course we were short staffed and had capacity room and every one of my small charges wanted to play the drums, bang puzzles on tables, request me to read books that had too many words and a couple of them threw in some pretty spectacular toileting accidents for good measure.

I swear they knew I was unwell. They only wanted me to play my normal noisy stuff today.

Mind you - getting twelve children to make Kookaburra noises is awfully funny even when your head does hurt.

And although my colleague was amused by my demise she showed lovely consideration by buying me greasy food, mints and body spray.

I taught the children to point to pictures of elephants and tell me Miss Cheree is an elephant. She had already tried to get the children to say the picture of the gorilla was me... but they dobbed. Tomorrow when I will be perfectly healthy and my head wont hurt - I am gunna teach them how to trumpet and pretend their arms are an elephant trunk when she comes into the room.

3 comments:

Trundling Grunt said...

Hope you're head has fully recovered so you can get hung over for Christmas. Happy Christmas!

SzélsőFa said...

Merry Christmas, Melly,

I hope the rest and peace along the Holiday will do some good to you and repair your soul, too!
It seems to me that you've been been through quite a load of thing lately - perhaps a little peace and quiet meditation will help to settle things down.
I'm sending my virtual hugs to you!

Boysenberry said...

A belated merry Christmas. First quiet moment I've had in weeks.