Sunday, December 16, 2007

Time goes by.. so quickly

Well. I don't know where to start! So very much has happened and some of it extremely unpleasant.

So - in a nutshell.

1) I broke my toe. No wonderful funny interesting story for you - I just kicked it on the way back from getting a drink of water in the middle of the night and broke it. I am a sook - and it caused me a great deal of misery.


2) MOTH lost his job. But in true form - he got a new one he seems to enjoy immensely. I don't think they do a terrible amount of hard work at this new job and he now works basically the same hours a week I do...

3) MOTH has been catching mudcrabs galore and we are in order to purchase a new bigger boat shortly.

4) I attended a work party at Great Keppel Island. The very first time I willingly took myself away from Anna, Jane, William and MOTH and went out with girls. (Ok women) I never did that - I always just stayed with them. When the children did visit their father I always just stayed with MOTH and usually at home. The island was beautiful. My workmates can drink me under the table. Which they did.

4) William graduated Primary school and we bought him a new push bike. Combined Christmas, well done for school, getting ready for high school and just... thanks for being a son who rarely causes me grief - type of gift.

He contributed some of his own money towards it and I have a feeling his bike cost more than my car is worth.

5)Anna (daughter no2) and I had a terrible fight wherein the result is she has now moved out of home. More on that later. But the fact is she is of age to move out if she so wishes - she refuses to live under our rules and her school work is so dismal, her "me, me, me" philosophy became unbearable and no longer amusing. It certainly isn't the ending I wanted but in saying that.. I can see she is eager to begin her adult life. I need to adjust my life to accepting that. And I have some good ideas on how to achieve that.

6) Jane (daughter no3) must of felt she was somehow missing out on something here - so she chose to shoplift for the local scumbags yesterday at our local mall. (Incase anyone is curious and knows the situation - yep believe it or not the Yowyeh girls) She and my friends daughter chose to steal baby items to the value of around $150 from the store. The girls are to be formally interviewed this week and Jane can hope she wont be charged and just cautioned because she has no priors. That is up to the detectives discretion though.

A horrible addition to the story is that the girl on the checkout at the store they stole from was instantly dismissed on the assumption she knew the girls and what they were up to. The poor check out girl was (I feel) just a victim of knowing naughty girls.

More embarrassing humiliating stuff. And a wonderful way to spend your Saturday afternoon and evening.

7) Anna decided to go live with her father in Rockhampton and complete her studies there. I heard about this on the grapevine.

8) When I chastised Jane for her stealing - and told her she was welcome to join her sister... she opted to take that option.She has told me she has resigned from her position at the local supermarket.

9) Both girls are acting self righteous and content in their decisions.

10) I went and bought myself a beautiful dinner setting - I figure there are definitely going to be benefits to this. I had to use Mastercard because it takes me a couple of working days to transfer cash into my working account.

I am sad - I am scared for them and I am surprised at the finality of something I always knew was going to happen, just didn't expect it yet. I always thought Anna was way smarter than this. I also suspect both my girls are just thinking of their best interests and that their father is suddenly feeling generous and offering them monetary value stuff.

3 comments:

itisthelittlethings said...

I'm sorry to read of your parental struggles - it is just not the easy job it looked to be before you were a parent is it?
I'm going to remain optimistic, and assume that the girls living with their father will make them appreciate you as the their mother more.
It might take some time, but I do believe it will happen.

LuSh said...

Sweet jeebus.

I'll go have a glass of wine for you so you feel better.

Bugger & Wd to Moth. Skaed has been headhunted by 2 of his ex workmates so was meant to finish work on Xmas eve, and start up again New Years Eve. My food and bev department seem to have no staff so are begging for him to come help out. Looks like it'll be a busy one after all... doh.

Anyhoo, must go see if the Xmas cards have written themselves. If not pour a glass and scrawl rubbish on them.

SzélsőFa said...

Oh my - these are not the BEST EVER events a parent can experience prior to Christmas...Or any time in her/his life...

I hope things get better for you all!