Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Still yelling

Jane (daughter no3 aka the newly inducted shoplifter) came to my work this afternoon after finishing her shift at the supermarket to inform me that I had to pick up her (confiscated) mobile phone from High School today or else she would not have it these holidays. My commitments after my day shift today are 2 hours cleaning. I quite like this arrangement because I like the fact that I know where toileting accidents occurred, who had the running nose and where they played and what toys need to be attended to and I like knowing it is clean. I stick that pay cheque in a separate banking account which is for a purpose I haven't decided yet.

I told Jane I would go and get it as soon as the shift finished as long as she started vacuuming as soon as I left so that my duties are not affected. And she did. And she did a very good job. And I collected the phone at the 11th hour and returned to finish my duties.

When we got home Jane went straight to bed in her work uniform. I had to wake her because we have a power outage tomorrow - and she wont be able to do her normal use the washing machine and dryer for her stuff - it has to be done tonight.

I spent maybe 15 minutes talking to my girlfriend Roxanne... and whilst I was talking/typing I was aware Jane was cooking her self deep fried potato chips for dinner. MOTH and I had eaten - Lamb vindaloo and rice which my youngest children do not like. MOTH queried Jane's cooking - and she mistook it that he was hungry. So she cooked an entire 1 kg of chips. She then drowned them in a brand new bottle of tomato sauce without checking to see if there was another bottle. Not once did she ask anyone for assistance or direction. When I saw the two plates of cold fried chips swimming in tomato sauce.. I started yelling. When I saw the empty 1 kg bag of chips on the floor - I got louder.

In the fridge there is ham, garden salad and coleslaw. There is eggs, cheese, cream and vegetables. Beautiful watermelon and peaches. In the pantry there is bread, packet noodles & pasta and rice, cans of food suitable for heating and I am not kidding - it is loaded with food. In the freezer is portions of Sunday nights spaghetti bol that are suitable for microwaving. Pizza bases and suitable portions of meat for one or two people.

I KNOW that the chips cost is negligible. $2 or $3. It is the choice and the wastage that makes me lose the plot.

She has chosen to go live with her sister and father on the 24th December. She stays here so she can do her shifts at work so she has money for the holidays. She attempted to give me a list of things she needs/wants for my shopping tomorrow.

I am hating just waiting for this date... And it is pretty insane getting wild over a 1 kilo of chips.... and a beautiful girl that cries over her weight problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well all I am going to say is it always seems darkest before the sun comes out. Keep plugging along and somehow, someway, things will take a turn and once again fall into place. Remember you are loved by many! Luvin ya always g/f! Rox

travistee said...

I can so relate to this post. Seriously, on every level I understand this child, her weight problem and screaming over wasted food!
I've moved blogs...come visit me.