Monday, May 05, 2008

Tides wait for no one...

MOTH went crabbing this morning. I knew he wanted me to come too - but I have to complete the study for work.... and it is hideous saying "No I cant come I need to do this" when really I would much rather drive about on the boat and look at the scenery.

I never do much on the boat. I do have a boat license.. but I doubt very much I can actually drive our boat. The boat I got my license on... was very similar to a car. Whenever MOTH asks me if I want to drive.. I decline. I like being the passenger. As a matter of fact I don't really help with anything on the boat. If MOTH asks for the net.. I throw it at him.. I don't use it. If MOTH is busy with his own fish... I get snappy and cranky because I need help with mine because it looks like it could be spiky. I will jump off the boat and hold a bucket on top of a crab and yell for him to help. I never touch them myself.

I can go one further on the horridness of me. I rarely even peel/crack my own crab. I wait for MOTH to do it for me. I love eating mud crab but it bores me to open them.

Anyway - the high tide was very high today. The low tide was very very low. And he got stuck. And because he was at The Narrows that has not very good phone coverage it just meant I had phone calls from his mobile phone that I couldn't answer or reconnect to.

I wasted worries with the non connecting calls worrying something ghastly had happened to him and Rocky the wonder dog. They just didn't watch the time and couldn't use the boat ramp because the tide was so low... so they were stuck.

I did a tiny bit of my assignments. Mostly I was annoyed that I was stuck at home with the assignments and the entire rest of the world was out having fun. I would of rathered being stuck in 0.4 metre low tides on The Narrows.

2 comments:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

At least you weren't stuck in the mud, in the broiling sunshine, smelling of crab and fish! There's always a bright side! lol.

Cyalayta
Mal :)

Cazzie!!! said...

Mmmmm Crabbs!!!