Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Unfinished projects, envy! and just plain messes

.
Ahh the green eyed monster huh?

WELL - I was looking through Elsewhere's blog and admiring the dresser she has purchased already completed.. and yep I felt a pang right there. For about 9 weeks my kitchen has had a dresser being restored in situation - hence much dust and mayhem... absolutely no room to get into anything. I didn't remember to take a before picture. I never remember important things like that. But we found it in a shed... and the owner said I could have it. Our house is WAY TOO SMALL for us. I am getting around to moving. Maybe once I finish the projects I started. Anyways - especially Christian has laboured over the dresser..... to come to almost completion...and now we have hit a problem. The hinges and handles. I cant find similar ones anywhere in town. And I think the old ones are beyond restoration. So - the too big ANYWAY dresser crowds the house as we fill it with UTTER RUBBISH AND JUNK... household stuff that should be elsewhere. (Oh.. no pun intended! She seems to live an uncluttered life) It sadly awaits the return of the doors and glass. Sigh. I have furntiture stored at a girlfriends house. I had to dismantle my beloved dining table so as to fit the second sofa into this house. I miss that table so much! (Or do I just miss the times we had around it? A big table is a must for food family and friends. Anyway - it is going to be wonderful when I figure out the hinges/latches problem. Just as beautiful as Elsewhere's. Honestly.

And I couldn't resist my envy at Cazzie's bus. What a wonderful idea/project huh?

When the kids were little Christian and I used to do heaps of boating, camping and fishing. And we all loved it - our weekend escapes and adventures. Until the kids reached an age when they decided that it was very "uncool" to hang with us - and the weekends of soccer, cheerleading, sleep overs, work,school functions etc all took over. One such weekend we were stuck at home... bored.. and our boats motor had been mucking up.... and a stranger approached and offered us .. i think it was $500 or $600 for our boat (we had sold the trailer previously)... and we took the money thinking ... we never use it anymore ANYWAY... the motor is about to blow up and...the money showed promise of gluttony, waste and better quality alcohol for the weekend.....

And for two years after we regretted selling our beloved (very very thin hulled little) boat. This year Christian has bought TWO. This week we could make it THREE. Sigh.

Christian manages to put both boats into the single carport. Yep - our cars have no protection whatsoever. I think he competes with me with the messes in the yard... as to how much old junky furntiture I drag home and cannot fit in the house.

You cant move in our house because of furniture. The built in wardrobes have wardrobes and cupboards INSIDE of them. Here is a picture of my beloved big table that is now in the damn wardrobe Ahhh I miss all of us fitting around it so well and all the food I could laden the table with.....

Anyway - there you go. Today I have felt a horrid envy of two bloggers that I love to read. And yes - you are right.. I so shouldnt let the dogs sit at the table. More on the good manners of dogs later. Cheerio!

No comments: