Saturday, October 14, 2006

Another post script... I can forget all the important stuff

William had a traumatising time at first cricket training with the awful bastards who dismissed him as too short - he forgot to wear undies and when given the cup thingie? to wear when batting of course it just fell out of his pants.

He was somewhat embarrassed about all of this.

So this morning I ask ten times.. are you sure you have undies. And of course - I bought him his own cup thingie. (I find the thought of sharing them somewhat... not good)

Well - games over and we drive home and get an ice cream on the way... and he tells me "My legs are all itchy for some reason". I think... damn sandflies and/or mossies OR the pants we bought him are way too long and I made him fold them up? So maybe that made him itchy and I would have to find someone who could sew this week. I discover an hour later that not only was he wearing undies.. but he was wearing shorts underneath and the brand new cricket pants still had the shop tags dangling about in them! In that heat of course your going to be bloody uncomfortable.

Being a mother is harder than you think.

And WHAT idiot decided on white for cricket pants?

1 comment:

Cazzie!!! said...

My boys seem to forget to wear undies too, and even if I put their clothes out they still don't put em on..they like dangling free I guess. Yep, whit sux as a shade to wear for cricket.
Yellow sux too, the kids have a yellow tops at school :(