Saturday, October 14, 2006

William's first club cricket day.



He did great. Ok - so his bowling needs work - and after a few ok ones they were mostly "wides?" (What a mother! I never understand the rules or terms in these things!)But his enthusiasm was wonderful (instead of the soccer "kick it to me" summer seems to about to be "throw it to me!")

And as you can see by the photo - we may have a problem with the pad thingies. On the other 12 year old boys they go just above the knee. For William they come up to his pelvis and make movement excessively difficult. Mother on a mission - must find small size pad thingies.

Lucky for William today he didn't get a chance to bat. (He could hardly walk in them running was definately going to be... difficult) His team played well - and they only get 30 mins to bat on these club days if they dont get out. The game starts at 8 am and must finish at 12 noon so that the next club game can be played on the field. So - he missed out. A weeks reprieve on the movement issue.

I stayed for a while - and Christian bought William and I MacDonalds breakfast to the field.. and then went home to supervise some (incredibly dodgy) paving we are doing out the back... Returning in time to watch Williams team successfully... get out? (Gawd I have to read some sports type reporting stuff one day!)Well - the other team didnt make many runs up the dooby dacker!

All week on my list of "too do's" was - get William a cricket hat or cap. Guess what rotten mother completely forgot that item and couldnt do anything about it on a very windy Saturday morning at 7.45 am? I tortured him with sunblock on his face and neck. The shirts are meant to be three quarter shirts.. but luckily for Wills... they are longer for him.

I got a sunburnt chest. A lopsided sunburnt chest. To add to all the skin damage I have stupidly done in the past. I remember my face. I remember my arms. I never remember the thing that is aging the fastest and most dreadfully. I also find it ironic that the pain of sunburn is a mistake I can still be so stupid to make.

Anna had her own drama's today. She and I had words earlier..... She was assaulted by a shoplifter at work (who was related to our former neighbours- who are excellent at stealing- if excellent doesnt include not getting caught) - the police came... one superviser indicated that she could get introuble at work because of her assault...Anna was upset... I went over to find the superviser who wasnt on duty today also there same time as me and willing to back Anna up - apparantly when Anna pushed away the shoplifter who PUNCHED her... and another supervisor rushed in and "defended" or assaulted the shoplifter.. the other supervisor said Anna shouldnt of done that? Ok - no one will make any sense of that. My life is like that a lot.

But Anna doesnt want to let her friends down..I was proud when she refused to let work down and come home with me when I gave her that option when she was upset at the threat to her job... and.. I told Anna that considering she has work in the morning sleeping over and attending parties tonight after this drama and last nights excitement would be somewhat undesirable considering she is a person who really needs sleep... So really she should stay home and go out again next weekend.... she told me I completely suck and ruin her life.. and then fell asleep at 9 pm... (Huh? See? I knew she would? I KNOW she cant handle no sleep) But it still makes me feel sad she blames me. It would be nice if I could give her a couple of hundred dollars a week pocket money. But sadly - I just can't. If she wants the money she has to work.

And if her work says Anna pushing someone off her who punches her on the chin/neck... there will be more to this story. I dont think there will be - the supervisor that Anna spoke to with me there this afternoon was.. exactly on my wave length. No one should assault anyone ever.. however.. when it happens.. if you do react defensively...blah blah.

Anyway - thats to sort out tomorrow. After "Walk to cure diabetes". WHY CANT ANYONE ORGANISE THINGS THAT LET PEOPLE SLEEP IN? Anyway I better get!

Tonight is Sara's 21st birthday spent in Sydney with her fathers family at a pub in Cremorne. I hope she has a wonderful night.

No comments: