Monday, March 26, 2007

The almost finished vegetable garden



I think it looks great! Moth wants to put palings ontop so we can sit on it and rest stuff on it..and to finish the look. But that can wait. I wanted to just go buy everything - he decided to drag me to the Tip Top Shop (the local garbage rufuse recycling store) and he found the corrugated iron and bits of wood. All up the materials were $15 from the Tip Top Shop and we already had the screws.

The first load of soil was free as it was just crappy soil from his worksite. The other two loads of soil cost $17 and $21. We had the capsicum and tomato seedlings - from seed in the other garden. The parsley and lettuce I went and bought from the supermarket for $1.77 a punnet. The middle section we planted pak choy in it from seed.

I guess tonight we find out if I have to erect the chicken wire fencing to keep the dogs out!

6 comments:

SzélsőFa said...

Nice job!
How are you going to provide for water? I guess these high-beds dry out very, very easily... Are there a lot of showers of rain? Or is water cheap?

Cazzie!!! said...

WOWWWW, all ticks and no crosses to your other half for a job very very well done :)

Cazzie!!! said...

BTW, I am jealous!!!

Melissa said...

The garden beds look great! Nice work, Moth. Melly, enjoy!

littlemissy555 said...

That looks fantastic! Best of luck with the veggies ;0)

Trundling Grunt said...

Man, that's so neat. I am finishing mine tomorrow. Aren't you heading into winter down there or does it stay warm where you are? Just curious.