Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Magic stinky stuff returns

And life is good again. I shit you not.

Moth came home cranky and tired. It is hot, and he works in the sun and sometimes his boss isn't the most reasonable person on earth. He also works with ear plugs in his ears and takes it seems to take him a while to get the noise level right.

I had ensured that dinner was ready, no dishes were in the sink, no visable mess (I shoved it all into the hallway cupboard - remind me about that. The dead flowers will stink soon)and I made sure I was clean and didnt have a paint brush or a heap or dirt on my butt to indicate I had been playing all day. Harmonious home. He told me the stories of his boss and co-worker pissing him off until lunch time. I said nothing except the normal condolences and gee that sucks stuff.

He changed from his work clothes and put on a pair of shorts with a huge hole in the butt. I mean HUGE. I thought... OH FUCKING BRILLIANT.I am gunna get yelled at a heap soon. Before I fold stuff up and put it away I should check. (Or - did I drink too many wines last night and take to his clothes with a pair of scissors again.) Nevermind. I pointed out that he could go to check and see if the stinky stuff has returned...and he grizzled he had no fuel. I pointed out a stash of money I had kept - and he took my car! I don't like it when he takes my car.

As he walked out the house with the hole in his shorts - I thought.. blah I dont care. I am not his Mother! Ha! RIGHT.

Well he came all smiles. He knew I was on the telephone on a long distance call to my Mama. And he was still smiling!Anna and Will came home from soccer and he was still smiling! And no one got yelled at even when we laughed at the hole in his shorts! No one got yelled at when we told him how unreasonable he has been the past four days! Even he laughed and said "Bugga - REALLY!"

Anna told him - you quit again .. warn us because we are all going on holidays. And he is still smiling! He did change his shorts when he realised I wanted a picture of it. It would of been so funny for the blog. He asked me why I didnt tell him and I said "You were being an asshole - why would I?"

I wondered why were he obtains the stinky stuff - no one told him there? Good thing he wore undies today I tell YOU!

I can sleep in my own bed again! If I decide to take something apart at midnight or sand something - I can! If I choose not to wash up tonight - no one is gunna say a word! At ten pm he is not going to suddenly want to argue with me about how ungrateful we all are and how we treat him like a mushroom!

Nope - he is happy so long as he can find food! So easy! So perfect! All his favourite foods can come back and there will be no more rubbish about serving him steamed vegetables!

A special thank you special people for being so supportive during my misery days! It was so nice to be able to... have some understanding! It really just is that I am so.. used to the way things are. I KNOW he hates his job. I know his boss can be difficult. I know he feels as though it is impossible for him to rise above it. AND I know how bloody difficult we all are.

But the "mellow" Moth is so much nicer. So much more understanding. He tells me if I like my job I dont have to look for another. He tells me its ok if I choose to wear my dungarees and go barefoot and dont brush my hair. He doesnt complain if I have dishes to wash or havent vacuumed for a week. He doesnt mind if I want to make the dogs "sing" (read make awful howling noises)or play ball with me inside at midnight.If I chose to water the garden completely naked at 2 am - he will come and help me when I start swearing because the hose is all kinked and wont reach. As long as he has food, his bed is made, clean clothes and his work stuff ready - never a complaint.

We will find something he likes to do. We will get him the tickets so he can get a better job. But without the magic stinky stuff - he becomes remarkably like the children's biological father. Jealous, mean, nasty, rude, obsessive and intolerant.

I much prefer smiley man who loves food and can always be persuaded into anything with offers of sex.

Happily yours! Mel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hummm....how to make a comment here. I have had the pleasure and the blessings of the Higher Powers to stay with Melly and her lovely family. Though she writes about the dysfuntion, that is their harmony. They share something that many do not and it is not something physical. There is a hidden connection that you can feel. Thre is a love and a bond that transcends between them. Their love for adventure, their giving spirits their magical joie de vivre. Christian stepped into their lives and took over the job and responsibilities as the head of household years ago. He might fit the "norm" then again, this family is not the norm, as you can figure out by the blogs. I would be more concerned about melly's female choice of friends. Now her I will attempt to be ---- diplomatic? One of her friends is sanctimonious, demeaning and oh so falsly superiour. In order to compensate for her own lack of strength in her own miserable life, she takes it ot on Melly. I witnessed Christian guard and defend Melly with the love, devotion and true adoration that any hero of the household would do. That is when I knew without a doubt what they have many envy. So before you all judge on the blogs, their love and connection goes farther than the bowels of this earth. They have been thru hell and back, this I know. I love them. They love each other. That is all that really matters.

Damn I hope I managed to get my message across here. If not there is always tomorrow morning lol.
Cheers and always hugssssssssssssss

Melissa said...

The love and affection comes through in your posts, Melly. Every couple has rough spells (hopefully just a few days here and there), and I was glad to read that things were more relaxed and happy again.