Sunday, May 18, 2008

The.. If I was your mother story

I forgot something funny that happened.
The football ground at Rockhampton is right by the Fitzroy river near the racecourse.
Anyway - Anna and I are standing outside the grounds in the carpark opposite the river... when up comes another half dozen boys Anna's age from Gladstone. Anna is cringing because she has dressed to portray her misery for me... and she knows I will fall for it. One of the boys in particular Anna finds very attractive. Another.. she tells me is an arsehole and that I have yelled at before. (I don't remember that because the bloody kids grow faster than my memory... allows me to remember them)
A woman MAYBE my age walks up to the boys who have grouped just near us. This woman looks GORGEOUS. She is very tanned, in a short skirt with magnificent legs, slim and speaks in what I imagine is an American accent (but I could offend my Canadian friends because sometimes I cant tell the difference) and she loudly says to the boys....
"Now If I was your mother.. where would you want me to sit, because I am new at this and I don't know what to do."
The boy Anna pointed out to me that is already (rightfully) scared of me... says... delightfully for me...
"If you WERE MY MOTHER... I would say the other side of the oval... but your not... obviously so just sit at the Grandstand"
I roar laughing and say to Anna... who is disapproving of my laughing... "But really, my kids would tell me to go sit by the damn river outside the carpark...."
Anna says... "Well no frigging wonder Mum. Stop laughing. You don't even like that kid!"
That was before I realised he was very funny. I like him heaps now.

2 comments:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

GREAT moment! Ahh, the things the young 'uns say, huh? hahahaa.

Cyalayta
Mal :)

Cazzie!!! said...

Haha OMG, I am PMSL!