Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

Early Sunday morning a friend and her family and MOTH, William, myself and Dotti the wonderdog went to the Marina for breakfast to celebrate Mother's Day. The two MOTH's took the dogs for a walk while us Mums COOKED... but enjoyed the beautiful scenery weather and company.
It was my choice to only take Dotti - because I think she gets left behind too often. She is deaf and... out of laziness I guess sometimes it is just easier to leave her at home.She does obey hand signals... but funny enough she doesn't seem to see them when there are children to play with at a park or beach and other dogs to see. Actually we have had some downright disasters where she has to be chased for miles before she realises she is meant to come to us. Lucky for us - she never tries to escape from home and she is... getting a tad beefy....
A football was kicked around and rescued a couple of times from the harbour. It was a pleasant morning.
When we got home.. MOTH and William gave me a terrific present. They went fishing. After I had washed up breakfast and repacked our picnic/camping box I had a glorious three hour nap.
And William and MOTH eventually returned with two cod, five summer whiting (my favourite) and two mudcrabs. Yes, cod are ugly but they taste great.
My oldest daughter Sara sent me a bottle of scotch (a rather large one at that) and an ipod shuffle. MOTH owes me the majority of the scotch.
The ipod thingo just loaded itself with music from my computer.. which meant I was horrified because it had heaps of crap on it I don't want to listen to. It took me a couple of nights to figure out my own playlist. MOTH however... very much liked the first couple of nights when it was loaded with.... too much...
I enjoyed conversations on the telephone with both of my oldest daughters - although I guess a lot of it was just the... terrible struggle of day to day living, obligations, desires and fears. My youngest daughter Jane didn't ring me at all. Monday night she told me she had forgotten.
We made our phone calls...and I did very little really. Another girlfriend visited in the afternoon and I had acquired a ST Kilda track suit for her son from the girlfriend in the morning... and little Morgan was delighted with the track suit.
My friend gave me a harness for my dogs... and I took Rocky for a walk in the evening. He was so well behaved - normally he is an absolute shit for me...I thought the harness was a miracle. The next night I took him for a walk with it and he was an absolute shit again - I think he was just pretending to be a good dog because Dotti got to attend an outing while he stayed home.
The harness doesnt fit Dotti's somewhat wide girth. I might buy her one this weekend. We could probably do with some more exercise!

1 comment:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Sounds like a very complete day. Chasing a deaf dog for miles along a beach doesn't sound particularly like a fun time! Thankfully a good time was had by all.
Cyalayta
Mal :)