Sunday, July 02, 2006

Lazy funny Sundays

Christian left fishing early this morning - and I asssumed he would return for me at some stage. He didnt. He was catching fish and left me at home ALL DAY. So the kids and I had a forced day together that was somehow hilariously funny and I so hope I can remember all the funny bits.


Any puritan type readers... best you link to the next blog. My girls shock me sometimes. And that is saying something.

The tv is almost always on but no one pays attention to it. The noise of the tv is simply a diversion in our lives. I can crave silence but when I get it ,... it always confuses me. Channel ten reports that Big Brother has taken two house mates out due to a sexual assualt. This catches our attention. (Sad arent we?)

Only Jane has been following Big Brother this year. Normally I love it. Anyhow... Anna finds a site that says that housemate Camilla has been "turkey slapped" and I say.,....


Me - say what?

Anna - turkey slapped ... for heavens sake mum you DO KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS DONT YOU

Me - well i am imagining...

Jane - which housemates?

Anna - tells her - i already forget...

Jane - I LOVE....

Anna and Me in unison - Jane just dont SPEAK .... GAWD.....

Anna and I roll on the floor for a while laughing.

Jane - what are you two fools laughing about.

Us - we thought you were going to say you liked to be turkey slapped.

Jane AND WILLIAM - what is turkey slapped? (FFs I didnt really know until Anna made "gestures" to me to explain it!)

Anna - Mum you are SO NEVER GOING TO GET A BLUE CARD!

AND WORSE... my first thoughts were I love Inghams turkey thigh roasts? I really do. They are just the nicest things to eat?

I will be so glad when the flu leaves me and I dont have extra snot when laughing.

I have been nagging the girls to read more variety .. i get annoyed at the rereading of Harry Potter over and over again. So Jane got this DREADFUL book at the library..and I read it today because she claimed it was wonderful. It was sad and horrid.It was "the Jarrow Lass" by Janet Macleood Trotter. It doesnt take me very long to read a novel. That infuriates the girls.... but the book was sad and ghastly and mean? And it made my baby cry?

William caught the train to his fathers today for the very first time. Nothing is ever meant to run.. smoothly? in our life so we managed to book him onto carriage L -the carriage that doesnt fit on the Gladstone station. William is somewhat ... hmm...smaller than his age... so he looked rediculous pushing past nine hundred ( I exaggerate somewhat) smokers trying to disembark to get to his seat. He has been waiting for today for a long time. Ever since Sara was allowed to travel unaccompanied minor on airplanes William has dreamed of his chance. Today he got it. To a teary mother and a wailing crying older sister... and a bemused Jane. DO NOT GET THE L CARRIAGE IN GLADSTONE.. IT DOESNT FIT ON THE PLATFORM.Anna actually wailed. It was just he looked so small. We stayed on the phone till Tom said he was safe and sound. We really are demented.

It is probably nice William is interested in his father suddenly. I have this terrible feeling he just wants to experience the travel his sisters have? I do worry I have annoyed him too. Tom has never done anything for the kids. But I have always advocated they should love their dad. So I Guess I am just being mean. I have no right to say tom hasnt done anything for the kids either because I have no idea what he has been doing. I just know he doesnt pay maintenence and if he is given the opportunity he tells me how much he struggles to pay Janes boarding school fees. For two years. Outa 16 nearly. Same sentence he cant help brag to me the prizemoney he won last year. I guess i am being ghastly. I am not angry at him. I am angry at me. Jane is happy now with being at boarding school. Maybe I just want to fight with someone.

If Jane tells me one more story about how easy it is to escape from boarding school I will probably lose it.

Not that I ever had it.

1 comment:

Cazzie!!! said...

WOw, your family sounds like my family..that is in about 6 to 8 years time when my four are teenages..almost, LOL> I already laugh alot with my kids and the things they say and do. MY Tom (the 9yr old is into the big brother thing) The turkey incident is cracking me up too!!! Everytime I east turkey I will think of this thing and probably choke on it too!! I cook one in the webber every few weeks.