Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Rejections, reflections and fun people

I was rejected for the position I applied for yesterday. I kept checking email from 7.30 am to see what happened. I guess it is the best woman wins... and... that is the way the cookie crumbles. I can't say I am not disappointed... sometimes surely volunteer work should count for SOMETHING... but it doesn't and I should not expect it too - otherwise I simply shouldn't do it.

This week at work I have been working with a woman (H) who is FUN to work with. She has many amusing stories and is easy to converse with. H managed to make something I thought would floor me.... into something amusing. I love honest women who will tell stories even if the story has no intention of "big-noting" themselves. H told me stories that made me feel better.

And you know what? I will volunteer still any time the centre needs me... EXCEPTING for anything to do with that particular program. Pretty pathetic huh? Another candidate had worked in health (what have I been working in badhealth? Smart ass I meant my day life not my... wonder what happens when i smoke too much, drink as much as possible, think turkey thigh fat is the most delicious thing on earth and can survive on coffee for days in a row and think drinking cream straight from a carton is perfectly acceptable!) and the successful candidate is studying health promotion.

I expected Christian to be cranky. He always HATES me volunteering... and I guess I led him on with - it could lead to a job. He managed to not say "I told you so" (and no I wasnt holding any dangerous type objects in my hand at the time).

H seems to think my hours will pick up now everyone is getting used to me. And let's face it an engineering firm doesn't have the "stranger" elements of the general public. I am the most stupid person in the office..... that is a good thing.

Back later... I so shouldnt open so many programs at once. Bad habits.

No comments: