Sunday, April 22, 2007

Local girl wins Miss Australia contest

A local girl, Kimberley Busteed (18) won the Miss Australia contest last night. My daughters' cheerleading squad went to the airport tonight to welcome the charming young lady home. Kimberley really is a lovely girl. Her family are quite a prominent local family.

I Googled (amen to Google huh?) and found some interesting articles. This article declares it was quite a SHOCK that she won. (I especially like the bit where it says she is single - HELLO!)

Funny - here in Gladstone no one was shocked. Here is our local newspaper before she left.

And I couldn't help but be amused by this article.. wherein the contestant who had nudie pictures got the top billing?

Heresay is a dreadful thing - however I heard from a reliable source - that Kimberley's maternal grandfather died on Friday. This lovely, hardworking (and successful) local family sure has had their share of loss and grief. She has also lost TWO brothers. (I only knew about one - and would get choked up when I saw Kimberley raising money for that brother's illness)

Ya gotta take your hat off to strong women. I suspect young Kimberley is made of the strong stuff her mother is.

How exciting for her though - from Gladstone to MEXICO?

Don't try tell me she isnt the most beautiful contestant!

Update - 24th April.

My daughters gymnastic/cheerleading team who felt affiliated with Kimberley because of the school they went to and... some other associations... met Kimberley at the airport to cheer her home. My daughter is the third on the left. Ya have to hand it to girls who can be tall hey?

5 comments:

SzélsőFa said...

I seem to feel that strength in Kiómberly that you mentioned, Melly. She looks natural and local, yes. and by that I mean she's not a Barbie-looking blah blonde. She has a character around her. I hope she keeps it, though.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgous young lady, her spirit shone through on ACA last night. Did you see Her?

Melly` said...

Nah - buggar it I didnt see it. The satellite tv man bloody broke my antenna and now I cant see normal tv!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just found out ACA will be showing at least two more stories of your young lady so you better get that antenna fixed!

Anonymous said...

www.mugateway.com/interactive.asp

This is a link to vote for Miss Universe!