Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Special Moments



When my oldest daughter, Sara, was almost 6 years old and came to visit her new baby sister, my Mama framed this picture Sara had made at school and they gave it to me as a present. It was one of those "special" presents. A moment you never ever forget.

Back in February Sara visited with her five year old son. I was cooking in the kitchen and Jay came in to see what I was doing. I pointed to the picture and told him "Your mother made that for me when she was a little older than you are now."

He looked at it... and slowly and wisely nodded his head.

"It is pretty good!"

So I gave him an ice cream instead of making him wait for his bacon and eggs breakfast. Because - I am the grandmother!

He could become an art critic!

4 comments:

little things said...

I LIVE for children's art. My house is currently listed for sale, and I've received many comments about my charming 'art'.

Melissa said...

Grandmothers are the best.

And really, what is ice cream but an appetizer?

SzélsőFa said...

We also treasure and store the best of our kids' drawing.
The one you have on the wall is very pretty!

GaBrie||A said...

Big Smiles here - you know that I have YOUR son's drawing that he gave to me still on my fridge. Thank you Sweet William and thank you now and forever for the memories Melly. Damn, I sure do miss drinking with you on your time zone!!!