Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Monday when your not having a Monday.

It felt to me like a Monday today. The house was an incredible mess. It usually is - I am a tidier - not a brilliant cleaner - and although I would love to have an immaculately clean house.. it simply is probably not going to happen until the dogs die and the children move out. Neither of those inevitables appeal to me in any way. I usually don't mind cleaning someone Else's house though? Odd huh?



So if you visit me.. leave your shoes ON - (why do people do that?) Don't take your shoes off to come inside my house! It's not safe or healthy even. Off your feet those shoes are also likely to become the latest chew toy for the dogs.



The dogs had tried .. somewhat successfully I might add.. to bury their bones underneath our dining table. I guess its nice they have learnt burying them in my gardens makes me upset. Under the dining table... well. There are times to fuss. They both watched me intently as I gathered up the remnants of the bones and vacuumed. Both of them were telling me I was mad.



I had dirty dishes all over every bench top. The laundry basket was attempting to walk out the back door again. Life jackets and sporting apparatus spread all over the front yard.



My friend Hope got dropped off at my place to get ready for work this morning - and she needed to iron her work uniform. I guess normal people know where their iron is. When I stopped working as a legal secretary I swore never to iron clothes again. I despise doing laundry but ironing can really upset me. We do own one.. but only Anna uses it. And so of course this morning the rotten thing couldnt be found. At 8.15am the rotten thing is found (I should of just ran around the corner and borrowed a friends - but no mornings can mess with my head - I am gunna find the damn thing) and then the kids somehow conned me into buying them MacDonalds for breakfast.



I did dress to take Hope to work because one thing I have learnt in 38 years is - if your going to break down, or be breathalyzed or whatever it WILL happen when your in your pjs and slippers. It just will. And you will have forgotten your smokes too. You wont have any water with you. Basically just dress and pack - and bad stuff wont happen.



But - I am not tidy enough to shop or anything. I am just dressed. And on the way home from the drop offs and the drive thru - I guess I relaxed too much. Coming back into the house the dogs greet me enthusiastically at the gate. And I dropped my cigarettes. So the dogs jumped on the packet.



And there is no coffee left. But I had made three cups and not drank any of them. I have to go to the supermarket... and NOW. Great. At the supermarket - dishevelled and somewhat out of sorts - I manage to run into every social/work/volunteer/school/soccer person I know. (Ok maybe I exaggerate a little). That is another fact of life. When you look bad - everyone will see you. When you make a mistake or let your temper get away from you - everyone will see that too. When you do something nice or work hard for someone or thing... no one will see that. You will probably see the same actions that were unseen go to someone elses credit.



Anyway - Meg and her daughter are at the supermarket straight after daughters appointment to have her braces fitted. Not braces - umm.. something that goes on teeth to help (poor darling I hope shes not in too much pain). And they are on their way to my house to have lunch! And had planned to surprise me with sushi! How nice!



I could of overdone it playing in the canoe yesterday. I am so sore. Reaching for the seat belt in the car is difficult.



Most pleasing was that Meg and Kelly and all the kids (I knew the kids responses) loved yesterday and we can do it again as a large group. Its fun just us. But its definately more fun with all of us. I loved being able to abandon the cooking to Hope - abandon the conversation keeping to Meg and Kelly and abandon.... well yep.. I just loved being able to run off with the canoe and Jackie... and do what I want!



When Meg and Hannah leave - I am pleasantly tired and my dogs are welcoming a nap. Rocky TELLS me its nap time and poor Dotti just follows and asks if she can have one too. I am just at that stage of sleep.. that pleasant drift... the dogs and I are comfortable.. and the phone rings.



Hope wants information off me I have told her a million (yeah the exaggeration thing again) times that I don't have and wouldn't give if I did have. The information she wants I am keen to know ,.. just because anyway. But there is nothing there.



I have amazing girlfriends. Each with very wonderful qualities.



But I was really pissed off to find someone I thought was a friend had an issue with me over confidentiality. I lost patience with waiting due to the other friends... obvious excitement and asked... well what happened and was fobbed off. Ok - that can be ok - but I bloody volunteer for that committee and should of had a right to know. So - friend assumed I would breach confidentiality. Which REALLY pisses me off. I will be over it tomorrow - but I guess its a lesson. Of course I am disappointed that the result I would of preferred wasnt made... but to assume I am that much of a fuckwit .... anyway....



It was incredibly insulting. A confidentiality issue. My brilliance at shutting my mouth for anything and everything - absolutely shot down. I am not angry that the situation didn't end as I would of liked it to end. That's fine - due process etc. They wear their choice - not me. But two sentences.... left me cold and unhappy. I took it as worse than just dismissed as insignificant - but an insult. Ignore me and tell me nothing.. fine... but .... dont question my ability to know my place. Nepotism replaced by rediculous anti-nepotism.



Now of course - nice things happen too!



Years ago - when my life was ... somewhat difficult. I had Robyn and Paulene who... kept my head afloat somewhat. We all had children the same age. And have a gander at Paulene's baby.



Those three little girls sure have grown up. When they were little they were gorgeous. I get all teary looking at them grown up.





I am surprised that I feel so sad at .. being mistaken ,,, but I shouldnt I guess. I should be good at it by now.

3 comments:

little things said...

It seems there are two constants in life....one, as you mentioned, is that when you are looking your worst, you are sure to see everyone you never see otherwise.
Two is that life often leaves you feeling mistaken. But that is certainly the beauty of it, too!

Cazzie!!! said...

Well, I think you should have a bath and relax, with some wine and then a book or something...bad days don't last long..
Laugh and the World will laugh with you :)
Lovely pic of your friend's daughter.

SzélsőFa said...

We never iron our clothes, but we are certified nerds.