Monday, February 25, 2008

Karma got me - it always does

See that big bump on my forehead? I did that too myself. Fifteen minutes before knockoff time in front of parents, 30 children and three of my workmates I stood up from talking to a child spun around and slammed my head into a pole. The whole pole vibrated. Everybody laughed. (Except one little girl from my room actually who will be receiving a very nice reward this week for being nice)

Yes, my nose is that big. No - my nose is not crooked it is just the damn photo.

Yes - it hurt. Yes - I felt like crying. No - I didn't cry in public - I went elsewhere to cry.

Its odd though. When I work with the women I like - work is more like play. I do get tired but it is a pleasant tired. When I work with some people.. I feel like I have been picking potatoes and dragging 30 kilo sacks in the hot sun all day. And I have never actually done that. Yet.

I have to stop feeling such horrid things about the workmates who don't deserve it. I KNOW they have huge problems. I KNOW they suffer things I cant even imagine properly. But I still get wild as hell when I feel I have to do my job and theirs because they have some strange agenda.

Overtired and feeling like my back was breaking.. I clunked my head on a bloody pole that has been in the same place for the past 9 months I have worked there and know it is there. And I wanted to cry like a child over it.

Silly really - I have never needed a man to bash me - I am quite capable of doing that for myself.

I am very lucky MOTH doesn't laugh and does be nice to me when I am being petty and horrid.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh boy, that looks like a solid hit!

Crooked nose or no, you have a gorgeous eye color ;)

Just Me said...

OUUUUCHH !!

and.. you do not have a big nose.. nor is it bend.. sheesh !

Unknown said...

"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes HIM who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

Just Me said...

Eh?

Melly` said...

Eh? I was thinking more "uh-oh".