Friday, March 21, 2008

The secret

I am allowed to tell now.

My daughter Anna has a new boyfriend. He is of Torres Strait Island origin. He thrills her, delights her and makes her feel like life is wonderful.

Anna's father cant know this ... because he suffers from the infliction commonly known as racism. Anna's father was away this weekend and so Shawn was introduced to Anna's uncle Paul who doesnt suffer from such dreadful inflictions.

Anna is beside herself with her lovely new boyfriend.

It is still a secret. I am doubtful sperm donor can use the internet. I am rather doubtful he is ever going to understand his beautiful children or be able to share their happiness.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

How wonderful for Anna! Sorry to hear her father may make things difficult - no one should be able to affect the joy she feels.

Anonymous said...

Bless my beautiful granddaughter for her joy.
Who ever sees colour in love is a fool.
So very happy for her.

Ginnie said...

There is not enough love in the world...so I say, grab it and hold on tight if you're lucky enough to experience it !

Anastasiya Vladimirovna Lychyova said...

I'm sorry

i suffer discrimination because of my background too

Anonymous said...

Yahoooo - way to go you beautiful red headed siren!! Have fun, you are only around once.
Nelly, Good luck on all your plans lol. I have a feeling somehow that #15 will dominate the entire 10 days hehehehe.
YFA Rox

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Congratulations. So long as your daughter is happy - nothing else matters. The boyfriend sounds like a nice guy.

Hiya from a fellow Aussie blogger, from Bathurst NSW [but don't hold that against me! lol]

Cyalayta
Mal :)

travistee said...

I love secrets! And I see you are as bad as keeping them as I am. Congrats to your daughter on finding someone who makes her feel special!

SzélsőFa said...

congratulations to Anna to her happiness.
As an ignorant Hungarian, please inform me: what is it about coming from that island?

Melly` said...

szelsofa - basically it is just referring to the fact Shawn is black... nothing else. Keep it it context though because colour means absolutely nothing to me in a person and neither does it in my children.

SzélsőFa said...

I see now.
Well, there are many interracial marriages now even in Hungary...
But the thing would have been thought of as a nonsense just a mere 10-15 years ago over here.
People are getting more and more liberal about it.
If there's love so shall be it.
I'm wishing them a true happiness and peace together.