Saturday, March 01, 2008

Repeating...

About four years ago MOTH and I did the recreational boat license course with this mob. It was a really fun day - and although there was a test and there was a lot of information to absorb - I remember laughing and enjoying the games and the prizes and oh boy did we love driving their boat....

Anyway - at the end of the day you get the bit of paper to take to the Department of transport to get your recreational boat license. You have six months to do that in.

And I NEVER TOOK IT IN. I just forgot. Or I would remember and I would think.. next week. Until... the date expired. Time just goes so damn quickly. MOTH got his - he fronted up at the office of transport and had it sorted out. Mine sat in a drawer. Actually by the time I found it I could barely READ the date but knew it had expired.

So tomorrow I am repeating recreational boat license. With a colleague from work and her husband who have just purchased a boat.

I have no desire to drive our boat. I just know I need this license to get the other marine licenses that I will want one day. I like being the passenger. But what timing! I organised this before MOTH breaks his hand. (Well I said to the woman I like at work - put my name down too and pick me up - that is very similar to organising)

But next social day out at Awoonga playing on the ski tube and looking at the waterbirds.. I am drinking - not driving. My license will have to be a secret.

No comments: