Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sunday Capricorn Caves driving

Anna was distressed on Thursday night that she wasn't getting enough driving lessons in to full fill her requirements by May - when she will be eligible for her license if she has the 60 hours driving time finished. She wanted us to pick her up and bring her home... her driving home and visit down here. Her father (MOTH is stepfather who just raised* them since 1995 until 24th December 2007 when she went to live with father)got very annoyed with Anna wanting to visit us and this meant Friday morning Anna was once again crying on the telephone to me because that plan had to be cancelled. So MOTH said... we will drive up to Rockhampton (103kms north) Sunday and take her for a driving lesson and make a day of it.

MOTH is pretty pathetic when either of us cry. Nice really. Of course he would of preferred go play in his boat.

Anyway, we picked up the girls. (William went to a mates farm for the day - his own choice... the father actually isn't... very interesting for the kids I suspect/know)

We went out to Capricorn Caves.



We were told to go on a bushwalk - which we did. However we must of taken a wrong turn or something. It was very short.



The resident roo was pretty nonplussed to see us.



The entrance to the caves... the cave collapsed thousands of years ago... and our guide was very young but still interesting and informative.



The cathedral was lovely - they played Amazing Grace and turned off the lights into the blackness... just lovely. (I always get teary at Amazing Grace - always! and Anna told me she does too.... I wonder if that is just her and me?)



We took the photos and admired the little chapel that sometimes has weddings and carols at Christmas time.





Sometimes cameras are too truthful.... the crazy grimaces and red eyes?




Anna drove from the Caves to Yeppoon.. with a detour for a fisho...who offered incredibly cheap prices. On investigation it was pretty much all frozen stuff... that is why it was so cheap. At Yeppoon we lunched in the park, walked along the shops and visited some. We purchased a new shirt for MOTH for next weekend when we have an engagement party to attend. The beach was very windy.

Anna really needs more consistent driving lessons. Since moving to her fathers she has only entered two entries into her logbook. She needs that at least every week. I will look into professional driving lessons and ... I think I would like to go see the girls again next weekend too. Anna isn't sure if they can come home (to me I mean) at Easter because the father gets so cranky about it.

I had planned to go to Tweed Heads over Easter... but I don't feel very rich. But I also know a few days playing with my friend.. would do me good. Decisions! I have taken the week after Easter off work but I need to spend that studying this bloody course, painting the house and gardening. I need them for me.

I miss my girls already. MOTH was a little grumpy today (despite the Mr Happy t-shirt) I think it was just that he didn't really want to be there ... he wanted to do his own thing and it DOES suck when you have to do something just because you open your big mouth in a moment of pity.

Oh - and I dinged the Hyundai yesterday. I drove into a shopping trolley bay. Dinged the passenger side .. pretty bad. I picked up a girlfriends daughter from work... parked in a ... hmmm no it wasn't the spot it was me. I just made a mistake and ... put a very big ding on the car. I annoyed MOTH because I want the ding fixed, I think the CV joints are about to go (click click click when I turn left) and I want the airconditioning fixed. He wants to drive the car to the wreckers and get another. We paid $2000 for it three years ago and he feels.. it has done its bit. I feel - I like the way it drives. So we are going to argue about it. He feels the Hyundai is trash just because it is a Hyundai. I don't care.. as long as it is neat and tidy and drives nice. I like it when the airconditioning works.

I was going to tell Anna I did it for her... so she wouldn't feel so nervous. I forgot to - and just let her laugh at me for it. I just really badly messed up the angle I was driving out ....My girlfriends daughter will probably never accept a lift from me again. Don't really blame her!



*Raised - meaning provided food, shelter, clothing, dealt with vomiting during the night, toilet training incidents, taught to ride a bike, taxiied, attended school and social functions, taught how to work.... the list gets pretty endless. We did have father contribute $10 a fortnight for about four of those years.

4 comments:

SzélsőFa said...

It looks someone was having a fun day outside!
I like caves!
Thanks for sharing these interesting photos.

Melissa said...

It's not just you two, Amazing Grace is one of my favorite songs and almost always brings a tear or two.

*Are you kidding? That is definitely the definition of raising a child!

Ginnie said...

You can't imagine how amazing it would be for me to just come across a kangaroo lolling in the sun. Wild!

Melly` said...

Ginnie, Melissa and Szelsofa - if ever you decide to come to Australia I would be most happy to show you lazy ass kangaroos, bats, caves, water type stuff... I cant guarantee dolphins but I would do my best... Roos and bats I can guarantee. And parrots.