Thursday, August 24, 2006

Theodore

Christian went to Theodore this week for three days with work. I agree with Big Mama - it sucks when your partner is away!

Apparantly These pictures are Theodore. They went there to work on a new sub division. I should listen to what they actually do - but alas I dont listen very well sometimes.

This is partly because as I look at the photos he took - it alarms me that he finds the yard with all the dead tractors as fascinating. He would do that to our yard if I allowed him to. Actually - he is always trying to achieve this look - but thankfully we have Listers - who will remove anything on wheels for free.(The picture of IGA was for Anna - IGA's are EVERYWHERE!)




Anyhoo - I had a plan of all these things I wanted to finish/achieve while he was away and I - achieved NONE. I haven't finished the shellaking; I havent re-sorted the kitchen cuboards and sidetable out; I havent put together and posted all the stuff I have been meaning to send my family; I didnt work on the kids cooking/scrap book;etc etc. Could ramble on for ages there!
Really - other than taxi, cook and make half hearted starts at stuff I did NOTHING.

Rocky the wonderdog was very miserable. To commiserate he chose to sleep on Christian's pillows. William also decided to sleep with me. (I was not previously aware of how loudly he snores)If it wasn't for me hearing all the odd noises of the night - I didnt have to listen hard - Rocky chose to bark his head off at every noise from the safety of my bed.

Before Christian left - I lost his debit card. Two weeks earlier HE lost the card. DREADFUL MEL berated Christian with words like "irresponsible; careless; absolutely impossible and stupid". Such words were not used when I lost the damn card.

Anyway - the card has been found and he has to pick it up from the bank tomorrow (Friday is the only day the bank is actually open when he isnt at work) Kinda like forced savings! He shall have his new boat motor very soon.

BUT - doesn't absence make the heart grow fonder! My churlish behaviour when he is under my feet, eating everything in sight (especially when I have visitors coming and he is eating the stuff I am preparing for them),sitting on furniture when he is filthy dirty straight home from work, the rotten habit of scraping his boots of mud at the front door, taking over my art/decorating projects - oh the list goes on!

STUPID MEL decided the way to handle the mouse in the trap situation in Christian's absence was to hoik it out the back door - trap and wee pretty dead thing (Yes - I find mice very pretty and that is why I hate them dead)...... was in hindsight a very stupid thing to do. Of course, the dogs found it and played with it for a day and bought it back inside. Naturally the dogs waited until I had a visitor before bringing the thing inside. Of course.

SO - our partners certainly have their uses aside from sex when you want it and to carry heavy things. Best we get him the new boat motor soon.

Christian thought I would like a picture of the bouganvillia. And of course he is right - it does look splendid. I didn't even mention that he could of moved the sticks and orange plastic first. Bravo to the nice Mel!

No comments: