Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday 16th August News

Is it just me? Or was today's news more....... revolting than usual? Or did they run out of real news? Or is this the reason I rarely bother to read the news and just rely on television.

There was the horrid story of the 60 puppies dying in a truck fire in the USA. Luckily I read that alone at home and so didn't have to stiffle my sobs or worry about getting teary.

Then there was Warrick Capper now stripping with his new girlfriends male stripper group. The Capper antics in the 80's were gross enough - but this......... oh man... is just plain disgusting.That picture with the mullet was in the 80's for heavens sake. Some people just don't understand the getting older thing. They seem to believe it will earn money. The saddest thing is it probably will. Gross Gross Gross.

Ian Turpie's lying about his sexual impotence to promote a NASAL SPRAY to remedy it. Oh Gawd. I tell ya - it is just plain scarey and WRONG!

Day two of the Queensland State Government campaign for the election and non-stop bitching and griping there. That can get funny though. Yesterday our Federal government was in an uproar over the use of the words "drongo" and "pork chop" during debating. Yep - exciting stuff.

And only in Australia? The sentencing magistrate of an attempted rapist describes him as a "fine young man" before chuffing him off to jail for 12 years. Magistrates can afford better booze I guess?

I think that is why I prefer to read the blogs I like instead. I found Ann Altman's at Ms Fits' site - now THAT is way more interesting!

2 comments:

LuSh said...

and here I thought you were all for male nudity!

Melly` said...

Oh crap - but i adore naked amn