Thursday, November 16, 2006

Pinching a meme

Ok. Christian is at his boat course and I am bored alone. William is in his room watching “The Neverending story”, Anna and Robert (her boyfriend) are in her room probably sucking face, Dotti is on the sofa next to me and Rocky is miserably awaiting his masters return outside by the front fence. The fence that – hooray! Insert happy dance here - has kept him inside the yard all this week.

So – I am going to do the meme I found at PC’s and then at Elsewhere’s. (Well it originally went the other way around but nevermind) I went and copied and pasted it from the original link – and want to go look at the other ladies but am making myself wait until I finish mine. And I mustn’t go back and peek.

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
I am late and my hair is a disaster. Nevermind, stick it in a pony tail. I also pondered how come our bathroom vanity mirror is so disgusting and made a mental note to clean it when I got home from work. Another mental note I took no action over.

2. How much cash do you have on you?
Hmmm, there is $2.30 in my wallet and $6.40 in the drawer for milk and bread money. I will have to replenish both tomorrow. I almost always use Eftpos. Except for booze – I always get the cash out for that first at the supermarket and then go to the bottleshop.

3. What’s a word that rhymes with “DOOR?”

Core?

4. Favorite planet?

Well Earth, duh. I do like it when Christian points out Mars to me when we walk the dogs along the broadwalk. He is probably wrong – but I always love those times anyways. Probably because sometimes he astounds me in what he is interested in.

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?

Anna. sigh.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?

Nope I don’t have a favorite one. I chose this one just because it came from the song “Sunday Morning After” and the only other one I recognized was the one in the dinosaur poop in one of the Lost World movies. Even now I hear it and think.. Dinosaur poop. Somehow a hangover is more appealing to me than the thought of dinosaur poop. Dinosaur poop is probably more useful.

7. What shirt are you wearing?

A work white t-shirt. I have the exact same ones in red and navy blue. I am hardly a snappy dresser. I mean to go to Rivers soon and buy three more. The same colours. Sigh.

8. Do you “label” yourself?

Well – I guess I am a lefty… but no – I let others worry about nomenclature. And I just try to follow the rules?

9. Name the brand of your shoes you’re currently wearing?

No shoes.. and no desire for brand names. I do like comfortable. And I like to look at pretty shoes.

10. Bright or Dark Room?

Bright! Bright! Bright! I hate the dark! Unless it is outside by campfire. And Christian AND MY KIDS like the blinds shut and dark. Next house will have a bright room just for me and they can all buggar off and stay in their dark rooms.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?

Oh! I love reading the blogs. Latest addiction. It is so interesting to hear about everyday things from the perspective of someone (especially women but not only) that live a different reality than me. I think the two I did read of this one are both interesting women and ones that would be pleasant to have lunch with or go for a bushwalk with.

12. What does your watch look like?

I don’t have one. I use my cell phone or the computers to tell me the time. The kids always tell me when I am late anyway. I should get a watch. Maybe there will be a watch at Rivers.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?

Oh how embarrassing. I was watching Madonna and Shakira on You Tube swigging away on my wine and apple and guava juice telling myself to get to bed because I have work in the morning.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?

“Pick me up at brumbies now luv u” from Anna.

15. Where is your nearest 7-11?

I think there is something similar to 7-11 at the Nightowl shopping centre. And – there is an all night service stations that sells stuff. Don’t pay that much attention I guess.

16. What’s a word that you say a lot?

Dreadful. But I have four kids and two dogs. Not to mention a man.

17. Who told you he/she loved you last?

Christian. Human wise. When Anna says " I LOVE you Mum" it usually is after I have tucked my dress into my underwear, tripped over in the street or starting singing "The sign says one way" from Sesame street in the supermarket. The dogs tell me they love me much more often.

18. Last furry thing you touched?

Dotti. Short fur – but fur none the less.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?

Just coffee, cigarettes and wine. I reckon that is plenty? I take panadol three times a year. Wait – I have got a drug in the cupboard a doctor gave me when I tried to quit drinking alcohol, coffee and smoking cigarettes. But I only took two. Zamhexal™. Should give them back to the chemist I guess. Or I might try quitting again. Who knows?

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?

About five. And I am a bit scared of them too because I KNOW at least one roll had “adult” pictures taken… from when I first met Christian 11+ years ago. They are all pretty safe in the drawer. I wonder what is on them.

21. Favorite age you have been so far?

Too hard a question. Pass and hope I get marks on the others. I liked many ages. The years/times I found difficult wasn’t because of the age.. I just have more pleasant memories than bad ones.

22. Your worst enemy?

I don’t have one. I am not going to say myself. I quite like me. But I can suffer from “foot in mouth” and sometimes I don’t need my feet or mouth – my facial expressions have got me in plenty of trouble too.

23. What is your current desktop picture?

Current one? I haven’t changed the Windows™ one yet. Last one for months was my grandson Jay and the seal – and the one before that was William and Dotti “playing” checkers.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone?

“Anna – where is my camera card?”

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?

Fly – even though I am afraid of heights. I would still choose to fly. (But REALLY when am I ever going to get THAT choice. Sometimes the choice of.. too sleep in or not to sleep in is beyond my control)

26. Do you like someone?!

I like HEAPS of people. I love a couple of dozen I guess.

27. The last song you listened to?

Oh no……… yep it was Shakira “Hips don’t lie”. I just love it to get me dancing.

28. What time of day were you born?

I would have to ask my mother. I think sometime late afternoon. I forget.

29. What’s your favorite number?.

Seven. Buggared if I know why I say that too.

30. Where did you live in 1987?.

Epping, Sydney North Shore NSW and worked at Rushcutters Bay.

31. Are you jealous of anyone?

Sure – momentarily. Sometimes I would love more money, or to never have to find the cheap way to do something. Or to have traveled! To not turn the car radio up when a new strange noise develops as I drive past someone in a new slick car. I have envied the women who look sophisticated with their face cleverly painted, gorgeous jewelry and tailored clothes as I lick down my wayward hair, pick bits of tobacco out of my lipstick, fiddle with my painted macaroni necklace and try to get the dog hair off me with a wet face washer. But I get over it. Usually very quickly. Bet those lucky people can never fit three or more humans to a bed and some dogs. And I reckon the time wasted putting the face on would be better spent out smelling the flowers.

32. Is anyone jealous of you?

I would hope not.

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?

Well – happened I was asleep. But I did watch the news in horror and chat to some online friends in the Northern Hemisphere.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?

I almost never use them – however I cant see myself getting upset over small change.

35. Do you consider yourself kind?

Yes.

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?

“Had to”? Well I guess then I would be a prisoner or something. Because I simply wouldn’t get a tattoo.

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?

Yeah – I am dull here and would go with French or Spanish.

38. Would you move for the person you loved?

Of course. I will move even if the people I love dont want me too. I want to see and experience all I can.

39. Are you touchy feely?

I don’t like to be touched or hugged by people. I barely like my kids to do it. But I like sex. I don’t think this meme was meant to be x-rated but.

40. What’s your life motto?

If all else fooks up – you can always go watch the dolphins, feed the ducks and smell the flowers.

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?

All times. That is a bit silly isn’t it? What about the shower or in bed? But I do have my purse, usually my cigarettes (wretched slave that I am to my own addictions) and generally in public I wear clothes.

42. What’s your favorite town/city?.

I haven’t left Australia yet so I don’t know. I love to visit Sydney but I wouldn’t want to live there again. I just don’t know yet. I can amuse myself and find something that makes me happy in most places really. I think I would feel annoyed if I lived somewhere that had no nearby fishing.

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?

I always pay cash for my wine and other alcohol. Only because I grew horrified at looking at my bank statements appearing to be DOMINATED by the names of liquor stores.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?

Too long ago and I certainly owe a few.

45. Can you change the oil on a car?

I can check it. Christian does the oil. I guess I do know how too. Christian used my Christmas pudding steamer to change the oil once! I was furious – a gift from my mother in law – that I returned to her every Christmas so she could make my pudding!

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?.

Oh nothing. Actually I think my first dozen male type “loves” where all duds. I don’t really give a damn about them*. I do hope they are all happy. A couple were very nice people.

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?

I don’t really listen properly. I loved it when my Aunt Nina would talk family but I don’t seem to remember it all very well.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
Heavens! when I put my work skirts and shirts on I think I am dressed fancy enough for me. Shortly the silly season starts so I will need a dress for parties and dinners I guess.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?

Nope. I ate too much. And the wine hasn’t given me a buzz yet. I am capable of complaining without actual pain.

50. Have you been burned by love?

*Well that comment just made me feel like a real bitch!
Of course I have cried and been hurt when my ideals didn’t turn out to be what they should have been. I have listened to Melissa Etheridge OVER AND OVER AGAIN and even.. sigh.. sang “Jolene” and “I’m not Lisa” as I drank too much and produced too much mucus. And I have been hurt by those I love many many times. But everything usually sorts itself out. And I love to love, feel loved and... etc etc.

No comments: