Sunday, November 26, 2006

Moving on to the "real" story

I treat this blog as my diary. I have always kept diaries of some sort. A couple of them have got me in big trouble. I suspect ... that tradition continues.

Sometimes I fret it - I have something I want to write and then become worried it would upset someone so I chose not too. Damn shame too... a couple I so want to share. On a few occasions I have blurted out my ramblings at midnight - to wake a little hung over and deleted.

I probably will.. I am absolutely dreadful at keeping secrets. (One brilliant one about my nearest friend... that I am silly not to because I KNOW she doesn't play on the internet so I should be safe - but I still worry my observation would upset her... so I don't)

But THIS one is about my daughter number 2. That makes her absolutely fair game.

Anna and I have (as I have blogged before) had many discussions about sex, sexuality, safe sex, when to feel it is ok, the consequences of bad decisions etc etc. She tells me stuff so that makes me feel safe.

Anna has a boyfriend - Robert. He is one year older than her and works at the same supermarket. He has became part of the furniture here. Polite, always a little terrified (I like that), bearer of the wrong gifts (he remembered I liked a particular chocolate when I quit smoking, drinking etc all those months ago - BUT he didn't remember that I only like chocolate when I quit all those things)He is a nice young man that we all like. They have cute "anniversaries". I kid you not. Monthly they try to treat each other. She did not get any of this shit from me.

They text and talk on the telephone all the time. I mean ALL the time. I have heard her phone go off at 3 am and she answers it. If I wake her pissed as a parrot after a wonderful night at midnight she tells me to piss off! Actually - she gets mad at me when I want to crawl into her bed to watch "Cell Dogs" when Christian is watching dreadful car shows at 10 pm at night. It is much more fun to watch "Cell Dogs" with a friend than alone.

I am completely aware I am waffling badly.

Today - we went to get Anna's bedhead to take it outside to strip the paint and prepare for the continuation of decorating her room. And alongside the dust bunnies under her bed.. LOOK WHAT WE FOUND!


I was tempted to text message her. Before she left for Rockhampton Christian actually told her to make sure she had nothing to hide in her room because we were going to work in there. My daft beautiful girl.

I wanted to text "Dumbass - always get rid of the evidence.. dont leave the opened condom wrappers under your bed!" .. and then I thought of the consequences had her father seen that text message.

Christian wouldn't let me broach the subject this afternoon at the supermarket with Robert when I went to get dog food. By absolute miracle Robert was STACKING THE DOG FOOD AISLE! Christian actually pointed at the checkout for me and I had to go. I didn't get to say ONE WORD.

I was going to be funny and say "I found something of yours under Anna's bed". Christian assures me this is not funny and I am not allowed to say ANYTHING until I have at least discussed it with her.

Funny just isn't funny anymore!

She is growing up. I know she is no dill. This is all a normal part of growing up.

Friday I told M (girlfriend) about how I had accidently burst in on Anna and Robert that week and ... met a compromising situation. I was cranky at me - forgetting to knock... barging in without thought...

The compromising situation may have been just a little more compromising than I thought.

So there will be no more procrastinating discussions about birth control or even me thinking to wait for the cost of Gardasil to go down.

Her dumbass actions are actually heriditary. Sigh.

6 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

I do not envy you one bit, I am scared for my future with my girls and my boys too. But, it may seem that you did something right love, you taught her the right thing about using protection. Way to go mum. Huggs Carolyn :)

Rob said...

So this is why you didn't really talk to me at work the other day! lol.

Boysenberry said...

MissB is only 9, so I have a few years before this becomes an issue. We've started on the puberty and sex talks, but mostly she goes "I don't need to know yet!"

Melly` said...

Cazzie - I reckon if your girls are willing to talk to you all is fine. A little dumbass behaviour is fine for all of us. Thank you for the hugs. Usually if I tell Anna stories about why you need condoms... she rolls her eyes and yells at me to shush.... I am very pleased she listened!

Rob - Lol!*3. You are completely aware that Christian and I will be horrid, will think our jokes are very funny and .. that you have been a positive influence (albeit horny little buggar who LED OUR ANGEL ASTRAY!!) hAHAHAHA. Don't be scared. After a while we will run out of dreadful things to say. And there has always been the "no religion, politics or sex" rule at the dinner table.

Boysenberry - Ahh your precious princess will absorb the knowledge ... and... remember... Anna was telling me she wasn't ready only a few weeks/months ago. (She did do a bit inbetween where she seemed confused too) The time flys so fast. Enjoy every minute of feeding the ducks and talking about anything. Dance madly and lie in the sun together. Make her watch sad movies with you and cry together. (We can cry together at just the NAME of a movie - the new Charlotte's Web trailers tonight made us both messes.....)

And William always told me he would ALWAYS hate girls. Things simply change.

Anonymous said...

You don't scare me lol. My grand dad says that kind of stuff to me all the time!! (disturbing i no)

How horrid could ya jokes be? Don't forget if you do joke, Anna will be the one embarassed and she'll probably get pissed off to. (sorry Anna lol)

If your gonna try shame me out. I wish you good luck, your gonna need it lol!!

GS said...

Congratulations Rob, on being smart enough to protect your girlfriend (and Anna for insisting you do). Keep up the good work!