Sunday, November 26, 2006

A very odd Sunday

Building up to the most interesting thing that happened today. Actually feeling nervous as I write this. So I am going to start with the most odd.. yet banal thing that occurred today.

As I mentioned - the kids are away this weekend. Jane is home from boarding school and Anna and William have joined her at their fathers.

Today - Christian worked. That was odd for me. A Sunday morning wherein I didn't cook a hot breakfast for all of us. It was quiet... and although I had a list of tasks to achieve.. the quiet and luxury of being alone... meant I didn't seem to achieve a terrible lot. No taxiing or instructions on when I had to be available. No Christian hounding me to get up before 7 am (or indulge in adult type activity)and a terrible struggle to sleep in. It was so odd.. I didn't manage to sleep in properly. I kept waking until 8.30 am and I gave up. I HAD planned for indulgent sleeping and dreaming until at least 10 am.

I played with the new BBQ - cold chicken galore in the refridgerator now. I washed and cleaned.(Not enough) I tossed the ball for the dogs. I walked to the supermarket for capsicum and mushrooms to add to kebabs for the BBQ. All the time .. feeling half way between happy and sad. The quiet was nice, I felt like it was perfectly ok for me to sit and do my nails for an hour...and yet I felt like I was cheating? I dead headed the marguerite daisies..with scissors wasting heaps of time. But I think the sadness came from being completely out of my normal.

The dogs liked it when I accidently cooked ham steaks and realised they wouldnt be so good cold. It was really odd.

No comments: