Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Botanical Gardens

This lot of photos we are at the Botanical Gardens in Gladstone to feed the ducks, turtles and hopefully an eel. I think all kids love it - and my grandson Jay always has.
I have always loved to feed and look at critters. Any and all critters. I also like to share the feeding of critters with my loved ones.
And of course the sharing of the feeling of moss under your feet.
Admiring the beauty of something as simple as a water lily.
The thrill of the friendly eel. (Click on him to see him bigger)
And to be watched by a turtle.....

I still have things I promised to attend to.. and am.. but maybe only with a 3/4 effort because it is so lovely to have my oldest baby home. I tend to be always telling myself to hurry because I would like to be with her. Bugga them all - they can just wait.

She and her boyfriend are definitely relaxing. They are enjoying the computers, Sara watches the cable tv? Well she watches.. her males I guess.. and Jay loves to play the video game thingos. They are not demanding - but I still fret I should be entertaining them. Sara reminds me that all they want to do is relax. I feel guilty when they sleep in and I have to attend another commitment so cant cook their breakfast.

We are overcrowded. It is hard to remember to wear clothes at 3 am on the way to raid the refrigerator. Well - Ok - for me it is hard to remember.

The party is only three days away. One toilet and eight people can be.. chaotic? This party is going to be interesting.

Anna's actual birthday was yesterday. My Mama sent her TWO parcels... one with a gorgeous signature bear and the other with a beautiful bag Anna just loved. In it was jewellery, perfume samples and trinkets...Anna stole some of my things just so she could display the jewellery Mama sent her. But sadly (for me) yesterday she had school, soccer sign on and training, and all we could fit in was her favourite dinner (chicken parmigana) and a Woolworths bought chocolate mud cake. Her sister Sara bought her new speakers and her other sister rang her. Sperm donor rang too.. but sadly expressed his regret that we RUDELY didnt invite him - when months ago when we told him we were having a party - he told us no one celebrates 16th birthdays. Anna and her boyfriend Robert reunited recently and he came to dinner and gifted her with a hair straightener and a Robbie Williams cd that makes me yell when the girls sing the words. Although - mind you if anyone kicked my dogs I probably would use worse words than "dickhead".

I did fret that maybe I should do something about a heap of teenagers, kids and indeed adults and my two dogs.........

But my girls assure me it doesnt matter if Dotti and Rocky do steal food from peoples hands etc. I was proud of my girls when they said if anyone doesnt like the dogs "fuck 'em" even though I immediately threatened to wasabi their tongues. I would feed the dogs heaps beforehand if I wasnt worried about the consequences in the back yard where the party will mostly be held.

Sara goes home on Tuesday. It's just too fast. Time just flies.

Heaps for me to remember. Sometimes... I envy people who have had careers and MONEY and travel and excitement.... OK - often. But - sometimes I am so grateful that I chose this path.

I SO hope I wont be regretting saying this come Sunday.

4 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Keep on enjoying your time with your family. The pictures are outstanding, I SOOO want a turtle!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I really enjoy all these pictures! You took me to the damn (swimmming) and to the Botanical Gardens too! How fun, I can remember and know how you are all feeling. Kazillions of turtles, ducks that foght, trees that look like parts of a woman's anatomy, different creatures of all sorts to my North American ways. Question, what critter is that picture of in the last sequence that you said "watching on"? K...I so wanna come visit again!
I can hardly wait for the Birthday pics!!!!!
hugssssssss from the Great White North

SzélsőFa said...

For me, your words reveal that you do not regret trading a family path instead of a carreer and money and all that excitement and stress stuff-path.
Family reunions in botanical gardens, quiet and noisy togetherness (which inevitably includes the listening to teenage girls occassionally uttering some bad words for example) sounds just perfect.
The photos radiate.

Melissa said...

Looks like a wonderful time at the Botanical Gardens, and an even better time with the family.

Happy birthday to Anna, and rest assured, 16th birthdays sure are celebrated!

Please don't feel you need to be entertaining the family all the time - if they're anything like mine, we want everyone to sit and relax together! If we're hungry, we know where the food is. It's the company that matters.