Saturday, February 10, 2007

Defrosting the freezer


I wonder what people do when they have no kids to enlist to climb into the freezer on defrosting day?

Bravo to William who volunteered to do it for me today. Ok - so its been a hot day. But I certainly didnt want to get in there.

Strange things found at the bottom - a dead fly, bread tags and money.

Unidentified food stuff that surprised me - purple stuff and I wondered why on earth I would of froze beetroot. Was mulberries! Very good.. dessert anyone? I so have to remember to label stuff. The dogs had a wonderful feed of pea and ham soup, left over chicken stew and a pumpkin concoction that I am sure must of been ghastly. Wonder why I kept it? But if I couldnt identify what it was the dogs got it.

Just slightly better organised for my visitors this week! Slightly.

2 comments:

SzélsőFa said...

Our freezer has a large vertical door - so noone has to climb into it when defrosting. It's good to have kids around isn't it? You never know to what crazy work will they volunteer. My daughter has cleaned all the 4 pairs of shoes for example, after a day's hiking.

Anonymous said...

Oh Melly how I love your blogs. You have always had a way with words, such a talent!!! All of your children bestow the beauty of their mother. I think we all had our moments with being couragous with a bottle of booze and prooving our brains weren't quite as devoloped as we thought they were huh?? lol Just another one of Lifes Highway treasures.Oh deaer I love your scuba shoes and I was admiring your knees. If you look close at the picture I think there are smiley faces imprinted on both knees!! :P ner ner ner///luv always, and Keep Blogging!!