Saturday, February 10, 2007

Too sexy for my boots.Or the shoe fetish?


Ok - so they are Anna's boots. That aren't called boots. They are called reef shoes. Anna is doing Marine Biology this year and Monday she starts her scuba lessons. School was not that cool when I went. (It isn't that cool really - the scuba lessons are at the town pool - tis a way off before her reef adventures take place - and under "No circumstances" am I allowed to turn up to watch.)

And... wow aren't they the most unflattering things you ever saw? (they are my legs - sadly she refused to pose for me in them) Haha - and when she was sad because I was stressing about finances and she told me she needed them for Monday - and I thought - Well we don't REALLY have to eat... We headed for the scuba shop. They don't call flippers - flippers; nope they call them fins. The reef shoes have to fit in the fins.

I think I sound pretty cool saying that. "My reef shoes fit in my fins."

My girls and I all have the same size feet. This a good thing when you need a pair of shoes. This is also a bad thing when you try to rush out of the house and your girls have stolen your favourite shoes.

Except for some odd reason ever since Jane gained weight she wears shoes that are two sizes too big for her. When we point out to her that her shoes are flapping about and that she still fits ours - it makes NO DIFFERENCE. Weird huh?

Anna was quite disgusted we paid $45 for boots that look ghastly. She made me try three stores to see if nice ones existed. They don't. If you want to scuba dive you have to wear ugly boots.

I bet it will be worth it.

6 comments:

Melly` said...

Exactly - the shop keeper gave Anna the "knowing" look (ie that I was an idiot)because I said flippers.

I probably shouldn't deny that the "knowing" look is given to Anna more than I care for it to be.

SzélsőFa said...

If I get it right the dispute is about special terms being used only to make you feel stupid.
But these shoes look profesisonal to me. Have happy diving whatever it's called.

Anonymous said...

Well speaking from a woman who covets her 30+ pairs of shoes, I now want a pair of those! I think they look like PeterPan Getaways!! hummmmm my X is certified (k also certifiable) I wonder if he has a pair, afterall, how many woman do you know who can wear their X's shoes? Oh and my feet are only a 7.5 or about a 38. lol now ya all know why he is the X? ahahaha - did I say that outloud??? d'oh! Rock on Anna - or would that be Reef on Anna?!!!

hugssss from the Great White North

Melly` said...

SzélsőFa - Oh - that's what Melissa so wonderfully saw from my post - am greatful she did! And my daughter Anna will have WONDERFUL adventures diving at the Great Barrier Reef this year while she studies! So YOU saw the real theme of the post! Except - sadly the wearer of the reef shoes in that picture was me... and I am not enrolled in diving .... Yet!

Rox - You always always make me laugh! If your a 7.5 you can just borrow Anna's. Although the sales people did warn us they can smell real real bad. And - I can make sandals and thongs (flip flops) smell. I have never met a man with feet so small. Even Tom has great big clod hoppers and he is only like 5 foot...... short! Like You! (You wont take offense at that.. face it I am tall you are short... simple haha)

BUT - today - they CANCELLED the course at the pool and instead donned their fins, gear and SNORKLES... and learnt how to breathe in a classroom! Anna was so disappointed I think. Especially as she and I had stared at our bank accounts trying to figure out how we could pull off paying for all of this. A bus overbooking or something was responsible.

Melly` said...

Oh crap and crap - it wasnt Melissa who made the comment it was the wonderful Queen of Dysfunction and I dont know why I am calling everyone my own name.

Possibly too many wines tonight. Who knows? Sorry anyway!

Anonymous said...

lol First off Missy, I am 5'4' and yeah though shorter than you, I am NOT as short as your Ex (remember I met him, though now reflecting, I did not look at his feet. Secondly, yes the do smell horridly! We here have those kind of shoes for wading in the Atlantic lol. I perfer to go au naturel, cuz that is what the kids in the 50's did? As to your referal to my thongs.....well I am not going there. (But do remember a picture of a pair of my blues on your head, thanks heavens they didn't smell as bad as the flip flops??)
lol cheers!!!!!