Friday, February 02, 2007

My sunflowers


I planted my sunflowers along the dog fencing wire to try give us some privacy from the neighbours - especially for Anna's upcoming birthday party. Timed it a bit wrong - the wonderful things are all flowering now... two weeks too early! The passion fruit and other vines I sent up the ugly fence are doing ok... but not enough coverage. I have tied ordinary glasses and old jars to the fence with wire and put tea lights in them - and at night time it looks lovely.

I needed to use chook fencing wire to stop the dogs from also enjoying digging in the garden. The dogs especially liked the cow poo. Sigh.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Sunflowers are so pretty, aren't they? I wish they'd grow around our house, but the conditions aren't right.

SzélsőFa said...

I also love sunflowers and have them scattered around just about anywhere in the garden, but now, it's wintertime, so this photo is refreshing for me!

Gianna said...

ah, sunflowers...we just planted some a few weeks ago and the seedlings came up within two days, we were very impressed (usually being black thumbed). birds ate half of them but there's about four good stronglooking plants. yay!