Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year

My beautiful daughter No 2 was involved in her own melodrama's over the last week - and I have tried hard - yet not too successfully to keep my sarcastic (read really funny fantastically witty brilliant)comments to myself.

She looks beautiful red faced, strewn with tears in the tiniest bits of clothing... that are not purchased from an adult shop. Really - someone should put that girl in the movies. She attended a party after a bit of prodding from us - her misery at some nasty teenage girl/boy stuff was about to provoke her to the entire "Camille" performance and ... who the hell wants to hang around with that all night?

She works at 7 am tomorrow morning. She will be absolutely unbearable when she gets home. Maybe the rest of us can manage to be out.

Daughter No 3 is loving her work - albeit at a fast food store - but it is the financial independence,her excitement at the kiddies birthday parties and her tales of the customers that frighten her.... that make me so proud of her. She helped me make dinner tonight with a lovely togetherness and happiness.

Except - I suspect I could be one of the customers that scare her.

Oh well.

William rang from his Dads - he and his uncle Paul will be home tomorrow morning. It has been a long time since I have seen Paul - and I always enjoyed his company.

I considered writing a New Years Resolution List. But when I sat and thought about it... it usually entails me giving up something. So buggar that.

I made daughter No 2 walk with me and the dogs uptown today. No real reason - just to get us off the sofa. I hate holidays - I get so bored. Christian doesnt think too far past food, adult entertainment, boating and fishing. My taxi duties are multiplied by ten. Daughter No 2 duly points out if we are walking all the way uptown to ring Christian to pick us up - why cant we just drive up town and save the walk. SHE MISSED THE WHOLE POINT.

Rocky (wonderdog No 1) was a complete bastard for the first 25 minutes. He pulls so hard - passerbys must want to ring the RSPCA to report us. He makes non stop CHOKING noises and it takes both arms and constant restraint to hold him. Dotti climbed into the fountain at the Yacht Club. I had fun - but I had to keep telling Jane she was having fun too.

I will too! Tomorrow when I make her come with me again!

Happy New Year!

No comments: