Sunday, December 24, 2006

Quick post on the Jackeroo Tuscany BBQ - AGAIN!


I noticed I got a quite a few “hits” to my little waffling blog from referrals searching about the Jackeroo Tuscany BBQ. So – if that is what you are looking for I have mentioned it here and here. I love my BBQ - and therefore feel quite happy to sing the praise it deserves... to the tune of Falalalalaa la la la la...

I have cooked everything I could think of in it. Indeed – the very first week I used an entire 8.5 kilo gas cylinder up. I have been a little more moderate with it since then. I haven’t yet bought the rotisserie – but will along the track.

I find it does roasts just fine. I do always place roast meats on top of bread. I have to keep an eye on it… the temperature so easily gets so hot. The side burner holds the huge pots necessary for crabs. (Of which we have only caught ONE LEGAL SIZE one – and so tomorrow will be smoked salmon and banana prawns.)

BUT… tomorrow our Christmas lunch will be a turkey thigh roast and a leg of lamb. Everything will be done out on the BBQ – and no cooking inside the house. Previous years the oven competed with the air conditioners… and the oven wins.

Regarding how I originally lost the instructions manual? Christian FOUND* me another one, and we decided that the manual would not of been a terrible lot of help with the assembly ANYWAY. So - if anyone also searches for the instruction manual and cant find it.. I would be happy to scan it and send to them.

For big celebrations – I will drag it out the back. But because we live so close to the ocean I worry about the effects – and the front porch is more protected.

Yep – I really do love my new bbq.

And it so smells like Christmas - but cooler! We havent even turned the air conditioners on yet! The mangoes make the room smell so lovely. The kids are still excited about presents under the tree. The dogs have chewed up as many things as they could - the baubles from the trees look sad actually. For some reason I like them better this way. Righto - I best set the jelly and walk up the supermarket to see if any last minute specials are to be had!

*Found – he walked out of the shop we bought the BBQ from with the manual on display.You can take the boy out of the 'Didge - but you can't take the 'Didge out of the boy.

4 comments:

halfmanhalfbeer said...

Melly: that is one serious bit of kit. Have a great day! A very Merry Christmas to you and yours. Looking forward to reading all about your Christmas in the New Year!

HMHB

Deadman said...

Melly Christmas!

Sorry, couldn't resist! Surfed in here from Cazzie's. I was just struck by the phrase "haven't turned on the air conditioners yet.

Here in Northern California, we're freezing our kiesters off!

Hoo Roo!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am looking to the instruction manual on how to set up the same bbq. can you please email me harryanne01@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Help! We bought a second-hand Jackaroo bbq that didn't come with an operations manual. If you've got one scanned, we'd be ever so grateful.

robinsoncat at hotmail dot co dot uk