Monday, January 01, 2007

Resonating Resolutions... or the lack thereof

So glad we pushed Anna (daughter No 2) out the door last night to attend the party with her friends. She had a lovely time - and managed to go to work at 7am this morning with only a few hours sleep and smile during her shift.

I couldnt help myself and went over (full knowing the ques would be insane) and checked myself. Her eyes looked like those fake contact lenses with the red crazy lines on them... and she was paler than pale... but I found her just gorgeous....

Or was I just amazed that she had the good sense not to call in sick today? Who cares - I am happy and she is happy. All is good. As she, her sister and my nearest friend walked back from the supermarket all attempting to over-talk the next person - it was clear that Anna going to the party was the best thing to do. (Ok - so sulking at home with us was not an option. I was watching Pride and Prejudice... and I love pretty pictures and anything old... I spoilt the movie for Jane cause I wouldnt shut up during it - and she retired to her sisters room to watch it on that television without my commentary)

William was delivered this morning by my favourite ex-brother in law. Sometimes, there are just people who are so EASY to be with. So - my house is full of kids again and the dogs and I are happier. Besides - I just so can't cook for only 2-3 people. I have to keep delivering left overs to people...and so many of our friends are away. (Well the ones who like to receive ... when I overcook and the dogs refuse to eat anymore)

Christian returns to work tomorrow. It would of been nice if he could of had another week off - but with our recent purchases and the expense of Christmas and the very untimely demise of my radiator - the hard fact is.. we are out of money and work - he has too.

I am grateful for what we have - but then again... it would be so much nicer if we could have a holiday JUST ONCE where we didnt have to either go without or.. make the breadwinner return to work.

So - if I do have a New Years Resolution - it is for next years holidays.. not to spend all our bloody money in the first few days. No matter how much fun it is.

I did start a list and had - lose 5- 10 kilos. That sounded way too hard and way too like me giving up something. I considered chucking in the cigarettes again. I read someone elses blog... (sorry I forget whose?someone nice anyway) and they expressed that really a resolution could be interpreted as a plan.

Well - if its a plan I need longer than the time I get to myself playing on the pc. So best I procrastinate on that too.

And I wasted heaps of time remembering friends and family that I miss. The lovely smells, the sounds, the wonderful times (or the times they put up with my miseries.. whateva) the tastes..the laughter and the oh too quickly how the sun comes up!How satin pillowcases, t-shirt material sheets, sunlight soap, furniture polish (weird but true)awful 80's music and fishing tackle.....

I love wasting time.

It will be a lovely year.

I am a brilliant time waster.

No comments: